ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

if you had 1 k to spend

NOTHING
its only done 34k , do you reckon they will need doing then? dont spose you know how much they are? as for the new seats im trying to find some recaros, but its quite hard!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
This is just IMO, mine are only on 24k and i think they need refrshing

there £50 a corner.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Change engine mounts, koni dampers,eibach springs, brembo hc discs, ferrodo ds2500 pads and braided hoses. You should be able to do all that for 1k i'd of thought and it would accelerate, handle and stop well then.

Saying that though i fitted a bucket seat and harness and the car feels so much better with just that.

similar to wi7gle; i'd fit KTEC's uprated engine mounts, exhaust, and spend a little on the brakes (pads and fluid change should do it; stainless lines if it's an occasional track dayer). if you want to fiddle with the engine, i'd go for reworked inlets and a remap of some sort.

i'm sort of working through that list and think it's all i'll bother doing to mine; will be leaving the suspension alone as i don't like fiddling with them, but all boils down to personal pref.

ValverInBits
brakes and AST coilovers. Without a doubt. Oh and matched inlets if the budget allows.

Edit: erm. The above would be more than 1k. oops

182 Cup
If you've only just bought it, I'd recommend driving it for a couple of months to see if anything goes wrong! Not saying it will, but I'd want to sure it's healthy whilst I had some cash in the bank.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
I would pay someone £1000 to burn mine ;)

I would get some supportive bucket seats and strip it. Best purchase ever for my cup imo

NOTHING
thanks for your input , i was thinking , eibach , stealth exhaust, panel filter, inlets. wait till i need new pads then change them. uprated engine mounts, whats the benifits/ cost? got a seperate budget for the seats!

as ever, inferno's advice is sensible.
engine mounts are a common problem and, if they've not been renewed yet, the car'll benefit from a new set (around £150 for all four). three of the mounts are uprateable but will cost you about £230 + the cost of the other non-uprateable mount (about £20). pros will more control over engine/box movement at the expense of a little vibration. some don't seem bothered by the std engine mounts, so depends if you feel they're a weak point.

NOTHING
eibach springs, panel filter, matched inlets, cat back exhaust, remap and new spark plugs all in fitted 950! will be checking shocks and engine mounts at the same time and do if needed, but this will be eating into my recaro fund.... boo