ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had 11k to spend on a clio and mods?

What do people not understand about the thread title?

Personally I'd buy a 197, 18" Turinis and coilies for it.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
I love the way some on here are incapable of answering a question or read what they want to read.

Anyway...

Assuming you have 6k to spend: supercharge/turbo, bigger brakes and ASTs/H&R suspension.

Any money left over, buy a SATNAV and programme in all of Wales and tracks.

^^^ love the all Wales :)we do have some dam fun driving roads just watch out for the sheep :rasp:
And to the buy a fast car people. It’s said all the time but its nice not to follow the croud or be a sheep.

hehe sneaked the word sheep in 2s :p

MG ZS180 Mk2
Blimey, this thread still going?

Think I might just stick with the ZS, use the extra cash for some ho's

S3, Polo
Personally, I wouldn't spend that on a modded Clio. You'll never make a sensible return on that outlay... (assuming you buy a 9k 197 + 2k on coilies and wheels).

11k on a fast car? E46 M3 - 343bhp and practical too! (or you could strip it out a la CSL, sell the bits - then, sort the front bushes (they all go) and track the fook out of it!).

Job done!

williams and trophy
I'm looking at getting a 350z soon but watching some vids of ITB clios made me think, if you had 11k, what mods could you do.

Now the 11k needs to include the purchase of the car as well so I guess you are looking at having 6k for mods?

What could you have done?

I guess £1200 on suspension/brakes would be a good start and then the rest on power mods?

Would sort of result could you expect at the end (apart from never being able to get back even close to what you spent)?

I also know a lot of people will just say buy a faster car but having highly modded a car a few years ago, nothing beats the fun of blasting around in something you have made much, much faster than standard.

charger would get my vote. have driven the bodies on same car.......no comparison tbh.

M2 Competition
For circa 10k a 182 cup race car.

Spend a little on getting it legal and sva'd (or on a trailer :p) and possibly converted to right hand drive...

playtoymotorsport_home_banner.jpg

williams and trophy
y??? had 1 behind me at snetterton in the bodied 172........couldnt catch me.....

and with the charger.......its a LOT faster lol