ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

if you had you time again?????

clio 172
Firstly what do you have?

If you had your time again would you buy the same model or what would you have instead?????????

LY V6 with Recaros
I have a LY vee. Wouldn't change anything as I've wanted that colour for years!

My previous was a Racing Blue 182, I bought that from new and specced it how I wanted, so wouldn't have changed a thing about that either, even if I had the chance to do it again.

I'd stick with the 182, purely because i couldn't justify the extra cost of the 197 when i'll be changing in a year and half.

Would probably go for racing blue in preference to silver though...

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i wouldnt have spent loads on modding slow cars as if didnt i could have had one a really wanted much quicker.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had the chance to buy a VERY cheap brand new Clio 172 Cup in Silver with Climate.

D'oh!

Although to be fair, i was about 22 so would have killed myself/someone.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Would've saved up for a few more months and got a 182 trophy, as the b*****d 172 i bought got knackered the day later and i didnt have a car for 4 months!

Peugeot 308
mmm starts back from my 2 stroke days...few years back spent a few grand messing around on bikes etc...really what was i doing?!?!?!?

car wise, i liked my 1st clio, now my 172..I dont really know...was between that and a Starlet.. I still dont know what i want even now!

:(

It's A Reno
lol, was expecting this to be about life in general like not start smoking, pay more attention at school etc.

I would have passed on the 172, which has been a pain in the ass, and spent even more on a V, which is what I really wanted, which would probably be an even bigger pain in the ass.:)

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
I've got a 182, and I don't regret buying it for one minute. Buuuut... I'm not earning the money I used to be and I can't afford it any more. Maybe if I had my time again I'd have bought a Fabia vRS or a Peugeot 206 GTi HDi instead, saved some cash in the short term and lived a bit more comfortably in the long run rather than being a bit squeezed for cash. Then after that, assuming that I'd got the Skoda or Pug, when I had some more money some time in the not too distant future, I might have gone for a 197 or something.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Luv my Ph1,but.........he amount I've spent on it I could have bought a V6 by now.

172 ph2
I usually end up buying something then regretting I didn't get the other option or a 'better' option. The 172 is exactly what I wanted ! A 182 would have been a tad nicer I guess but I think I prefer more understated look (ie no twin exhaust) Possibly a bit lucky as it was kind of a rash decesion. I had a mk4 Golf 2.0 before, but as you probably know they are amazingly slow... I was going to swap it for a 1.8t but noticed 172 prices seemed to have come down loads since I had last looked. A couple of weeks later I just went out and bought one! The first time I had drove one was on the way home ! didn't even test drive one.

So yeah, i'd buy the same car again :) Amazingly it's the first car i've had which hasn't had loads of annoying little problems within the first few months too.

Wouldn't have bought a Clio, I'd have got something else instead. Many be a STI or a run about and a CSR Caterham

visualize whirled pe
I would have bought a 1.2 or 1.4. clio

For an average car I feel like I'm getting shafted handing over the the best part of £200 for tax. I'd rather get a new 1.2 fiat 500 or something for £35 a year and take the drop in performance, I'd also save another £100 on insurance if I dropped down to a smaller engine and i doubt I'd tell the difference as where I live the traffic is a nightmare. Raspy little 4 pots are no fun unless they cost feck all to run imo.

On the flip side, in an ideal world I would have got a decent classic V8, only because my gf has to be able to drive what ever I own (and she wont drive big cars let alone lhd's) that stops me from getting a tax free pre '73 V8 Ford otherwize I'd be off to Arizona to find a solid fastback stang or 'cuda to bring back home.

172 Exclusive no.067
did have a mk2ph1 but a mate kindly put in it a ditch as you can see <. had a chance to get a silver 172 but insurance at 19 is stupid so now have 54 1.216v.

ill have an rs soon no doubt :)

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I think Clio wise I would have bought the 1.5Dci with hindsight. But Im pretty much happy with it.
I really wish I'd kept my Polo and dropped a VR6/1.9TDi into it though..One Day it shall happen

172 Cup
I had my Cup at 21, after an accident in my old (first) car. I spent ages saving up for it, and in the end I bought one despite the fact that the accident put my insurance quote up to £2k at the time...

..and I'd do it all again!

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
a kenworth american truck. love all that stuff! if not a scania t cab. nice! parp parp!!! lol

Mini Cooper S sport
Liked the 172 but was glad I bought the 182 when I did, I've loved it. Still glad I picked racing blue, and still think the car's stunning.

Don't regret buying the Clio at all, I just hope I enjoy my R26 as much when it arrives.

Clio
I would have bought a 172 4 years ago instead of getting the Punto and I've got the Vee which I'm more than happy with. Maybe wish I would have looked a little wider when choosing it, a minter E30 M3 Evo maybe.