ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignis number 2

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed! They just look like they should be driven flat out down little side roads covered in mud all the time.

That's what I did in mine pretty much. One of the few sporty cars on the road you can actually drive flat out in without the need to keep backing off all the time.

Great induction noise, just enough poke, massively over-braked, if you can get past the looks what's not to like?

Listerine & Poledo
Love these, so much.

they were on the shortlist when the 1*2 got unceremoniously discarded.

I remember looking at one when new, had my MX-3 at the time. The young lad tried to convince me that I'd be shocked at how quick they are, then look it back when he saw what I had in part ex.

In fairness, MX-3 was probably about the same for pace, but sounded a lot more special.

I'd certainly have one, the interior is a bit chav but the exterior is just stupid enough

Swift Sport
Well I did Bedford Autodrome last Saturday and it was hilarious, I loved every second of it!

12617430575_fda318ea0d_z.jpg

12617381115_4967653270_z.jpg

12617316285_f38643700b_z.jpg

12617686734_716d2e564f_z.jpg

12617646484_0daef65d76_z.jpg

I've got a pretty boring video but hopefully some more interesting ones to come lol...

I got past a few Clio's too, which isn't bad for a 109bhp 1.5 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Swift Sport
Here's a slightly funnier video, chasing an Audi TT...

Skip to 8:25 to see an S4 convertible go flying past only to overshoot the corner, then I spin on the next chicane.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here's a slightly funnier video, chasing an Audi TT...

Skip to 8:25 to see an S4 convertible go flying past only to overshoot the corner, then I spin on the next chicane.

Very nice.

I've forgotten just how good these sound when you're on it :D

Proper LOL at the weapon in the Audi.

Swift Sport
Yeah they're great fun, and not far off the pace of a standard Clio really (as you know!).

I really NEED to get the coilovers on, they're well overdue!

Swift Sport
Here's my video from Oulton Park... The cars I'm getting past are quite surprising considering I'm in a 1.5 with 109bhp lol.

Few pics...

12864847203_8013415b06_z.jpg

12864767795_cfec353cd9_z.jpg

12865197954_d85ebd2520_z.jpg

12865192754_266d6e6c8c_z.jpg

Swift Sport
Brilliant! I was smiling the entire way through that.

Good work despatching the R32 and just LOL at the billy-big-b****cks cretin in the 911!

Haha! The guy in the R32 came over and we chatted for a while... He basically said he let me past so he could follow me, but then couldn't keep up lol.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You sure there's no sneaky turbo bolted on mate?

Very good driving though, enjoyed watching that!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seen one local for Sale Ste, £800! Bit of a bargain, was taken in px.

Swift Sport
Cheers fellas :)

It's worth pointing out that other than the wheels and uprated front pads that car is standard, with no anti-roll bars or suspensions set-ups. The tyres are only T1-R's too lol. Proper cheap fun!

Got any info, Gally?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well I now can't find it on Gumtree although there are a few up in Scotland that are cheap! Might buy one to try!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Was that the red one Gally? Think it went via the Ignis Facebook.

Need to do trackdays this year!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Red one. I think it was a dealer but he was just looking to get rid. You still got yours dude?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That one was ruined IIRC. Looked nice at one point and had a lot of JDM y0! parts, blew a couple of engines lol.

Yeh, needs a few things doing over the next couple of months. Gonna do bushes, mounts and tie rods. About to crossover the 50k mark!

Ste, when's the cool overs getting put on? Interested to know the difference between them and the suzukisport ones which I still have on after 2 years!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
When everything is sorted it'll happen. It's a shame that the ride will put you off haha!

Swift Sport
Ste, when's the cool overs getting put on? Interested to know the difference between them and the suzukisport ones which I still have on after 2 years!

It's just a matter of finding time and some dry weather... I'm too busy doing trackdays lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When everything is sorted it'll happen. It's a shame that the ride will put you off haha!

Yours tight? The roads around me ruined my 2n Frp experience. So tight!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
You have no idea! It's hilariously stiff! Will make the FRP seem like a German barge!

I'm used to it and when you're on the right road, it makes sense!

Swift Sport
He's not wrong! I had that exact same suspension on my old one, and if you drove over a coin you could tell if it was heads or tails!

Swift Sport
After months of coilover ownership I've finally put them on...

13905153230_32420cf7e8.jpg

More pics on the way once I've cleaned her and found some daylight lol :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Looks good although in that pic the front wheel looks a little lost in the arches!

Interested to know how they ride compared to the SS ones!

Looking great, really miss my Iggy Sport.

If I didn't need something vaguely practical for the forthcoming sprog I would buy another in a heart beat, so cheap now, many are on well below average miles and they are as good as bombproof if maintained properly.