ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignis number 2

Swift Sport
Ever since selling my Ignis I've kinda missed it, and after struggling to find something to replace both my MX-5 and Fiesta I decided to buy another to tie me over until the Spring at least.

£1400 later and I had this on the driveway...

10777849656_5aeb7da170_z.jpg

The previous owner was a student and hadn't really looked after it too well, so I set to work tidying it up by removing all the awful stance/JDM/chav stickers, replacing those shockingly long tuner bolt wheel nuts and getting some brake cleaner and Wonder Wheels on those alloys that were looking very sorry for themselves. The car just needed a bit of love really, it just seemed a bit neglected. Next up was time for a little personalisation to make it feel mine, nothing special just a couple of things like my iPod stereo, a JDM rear view mirror and some clear side repeaters. It's starting to look much better now I think...

10758043014_6a9f17e885_z.jpg

10758236883_15caf32fa8_z.jpg

10679770234_854458b5c5_z.jpg

10679983803_7a7aab6d2d_z.jpg

I'm loving the little thing actually, it has reminded me what an awesome little car they are and why I got so attached to my last one!
Despite only owning the car a few days I thought I'd give it a run at Curborough Sprint Course as it was a members only afternoon, and low and behold...

10763423534_2a90d3a528_z.jpg

Not only was I not the only person on track with an Ignis, I wasn't even the only silver one! Not only that, but the owner rode Bmx too! His was lowered on Apex springs with Speedlines and it looked great, and after going for a lap in his I decided I'd be going down a similar route :)

Next plans are springs, wheels and a good service!

Plans sound good Ste, looking better already aswell.

I did about 250miles in min yesterday and the ride has improved tenfold since I reset the coilovers. That said my exhaust snapped on the way back home it now sounds awesome.

I was looking at the Alex springs you got over on SISOC incase I go back to standard at some point.

work for BMW
i actually quite like it, different but looks cray fun! how come you got rid of your Mx5? i just got rid of mine too :eek:
love the other dudes stance, get yours like that

Swift Sport
It's surprising how much appreciation there is for them considering they're essentially an ugly 1.5 Japanese city car, but wherever I go someone always says something positive about them. It was great to see another on track, and the owner was a really sound fella too!

Swift Sport
i actually quite like it, different but looks cray fun! how come you got rid of your Mx5? i just got rid of mine too :eek:
love the other dudes stance, get yours like that

After an argument with my parents I agreed to go back to one car, so that meant either keeping a 1.2 Fiesta or an MX-5. I needed practicality so sold both and bought this, and haven't looked back. I thought I'd miss the Mazda, but I'm having plenty of fun in the Ignis so I'm quite contented... For now lol.

work for BMW
After an argument with my parents I agreed to go back to one car, so that meant either keeping a 1.2 Fiesta or an MX-5. I needed practicality so sold both and bought this, and haven't looked back. I thought I'd miss the Mazda, but I'm having plenty of fun in the Ignis so I'm quite contented... For now lol.

Ah fair enough, did you manage to sell the mx5 easily? get the price you wanted?
i found mine quite hard to sell , the wrong time of year perhaps!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Looks good buddy!

How long before it's like the last one?

Swift Sport
Ah fair enough, did you manage to sell the mx5 easily? get the price you wanted?
i found mine quite hard to sell , the wrong time of year perhaps!

Sold it no problem dude, I had loads of interest in it and it went straight away. I think the spec helped it sell.

Really like these...

Hmmm

Whats insurance like? Low because of the rarity / lower following / less crashed?

No idea actually dude, I'm 33 living in a group B postcode area, so I can insure it with my paper round money :)

Looks good buddy!

How long before it's like the last one?

Shhhh, I'm not meant to be spending money on it!

Not long lol.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Looks lovely mate! I really want a go of one but daren't cos I'll probably want one lol

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just got mine Saturday, absolutely love it. I think all my mates/family like it, they we're a bit wary at first though!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I remember wanting one of these years ago. Not the best looking cars but there's just something about them.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Never had an interest in them, but I've never really had a look at them, What an awesome looking hatch.

Am I on my own here? I think they look gay as f**k I wouldn't even get in one lol ...plenty of benders on CS though

Swift Sport
LOL at the benders comment!

Maybe some people couldn't give a sh!t?

They're a cheap, reliable, economical and fun little car that's a break from the Saxo's and Corsa's that most people go for.

I think their lack of sleek lines is part of the appeal IMO.

320d
Awesome cars. I test drove one a few years ago and thought it was great, just not quite as great as my ph1 172 (in my opinion) I had at the time.

Enjoy it mate.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just don't see what others are seeing? They look ugly as f**k to me and look slow? :) :)

You're not even a good troll mate, wind it in.

Great to see you back in one Ste, good for the hill in Winter?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know the clios are a bit bent but this ignis thing is on another level of faggotory

If we're going on popular perceptions, you drive a girls car and two pensioners cars. My dad has mercs and saabs ffs.

(I'll let you have the R26r)

Swift Sport

Great to see you back in one Ste, good for the hill in Winter?

The last one was, although I might still chuck some winter tyres on it just in case.

Speaking of which, I took this photo from my house last night which I thought came out pretty good...

10801913505_b6749be989.jpg

I've just put mine on that swapz website lets see what comes back.

Got a feeling I will be selling up after Christmas. I'd like to spend the money on it to put it right but it just isn't worth it

Is op your bum boy? sorry to offend you both

If we're going on popular perceptions, you drive a girls car and two pensioners cars. My dad has mercs and saabs ffs.

(I'll let you have the R26r)

Lol I'd rather look a pensioner than a fag any day mate.That car looks like a jap version of a fiat multipla. I'm sure my dead nana wouldn't even be seen dead in it tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sadly not my bum boy, you however are getting on my nipples and you've only been posting for 10 minutes.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is op your bum boy? sorry to offend you both

Lol I'd rather look a pensioner than a fag any day mate.That car looks like a jap version of a fiat multipla. I'm sure my dead nana wouldn't even be seen dead in it tbh.

I'm comfortable with my sexuality, appearing 'gay' does not bother me. Because i'm not.

Maybe you're scared that you might be partial to the occasional tooting of the schlong, hence your fear of driving a 'fag wagon'.

I'm comfortable with my sexuality, appearing 'gay' does not bother me. Because i'm not.

Maybe you're scared that you might be partial to the occasional tooting of the schlong, hence your fear of driving a 'fag wagon'.

I never said you weren't comfortable and I never said you were gay? You getting a bit paranoid there?

Seems like your familiar with their lingo and it's getting a bit to graphic for me now so I'm out.