ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ignition wire colours?

clio
making a push button starter, i know its been covered as to why they are crap but i want one lol. got ever thing i need already wired up. inline fuse, button, solenoid etc. just need to connect to the car. the problem is i am unsure as to what wires i need to use on the ignition barrel as far as i can remember there is 4 wires cant remember their colours though red red orange yellow?. which two do i use bare in mind im keeping the imobiliser.

the cars an 02 mk2 phase 2.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

oh and my big knee took the touch controls for the cd off how do i get that back on lol

cheers

The controler for the stearing wheels is easy to change, remove the top panel from ontop of the stearing wheel and unbolt the lower one as such.

You just need to cut the white wire I think best try all the lines though see which one works on the ignition switching on to start.

clio
cheers. the stalk just wobbles about and doesnt click in doesnt seem like any things broke though. just want to make sure i was looking at the correct thing. theres a wiring loom at the back of the barrel when peeled back theres four wires cant remember the colours though. they enter the back of the barrel.(is this correct). i need to join two of them to two lines coming off the solenoid. not sure which ones though?

taking power from lighter going to inline then to switch
lighter negative to solenoid

other line from switch to solenoid
two other lines from solenoid to the ignition barrel that lead to the starter motor solenoid

the plan is turn two clicks hit button and start (hopefully )

using snap locks not ideal but just need to find the two wires from ignition barrel to starter solenoid to click on to. also dont want to wreck the immobiliser. cheers for any advise given! and the promt reply!

clio
to make that clear the colour of the two wires going from the ignition barrel to the starter motor solenoid . as it was a bit confusing readin over it.

You need a line from the battery as such and the other one which runs the power to the starter as such. You realy need to check the wiring on your car get a miltimeter etc or borrow one there cheap.

Just make sure you tap a line off not just cut the line though else the car won't start