ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iiyama customer service....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What can I say?

Over the years, I'm now onto my fourth Iiyama monitor - a 26" version running my PC at 1920x1200.

I picked up this latest screen from Microdirect just before New Year but in the last few weeks, it's been behaving a little erratic. When I've powered down the PC and switched the monitor off, it hasn't been able to switch back on the next time I come to use it. Not always, but more often than not.

The quickest fix was to let the monitor simply fall into standby and not to actually switch it off. This worked for a short while, until that idea failed completely too. The monitor was now dead and simply wouldn't come back on.

I tried all the obvious stuff - replacement leads, different power sockets but nothing changed. Its death finally confirmed when plugging in a old 15" TFT worked fine on the Iiyama's existing cables.

Anyways, at around 2pm yesterday I spoke to Microdirect who in turn told me that I needed to speak to Iiyama in person. I called them and explaned the situation and within 3 minutes on the phone, I was told that the same model of monitor was in stock and that it would be shipped to me today.

By 1pm this afternoon, the new monitor arrived and is working a treat. :)

I've always had a soft-spot for Iiyama as a make and this is the first time one of their units has failed on me. But the prompt response at sorting out this issue has just fortified my view of them. I doubt very much that I'll be looking elsewhere from now on....

D.

Polo + Micra
i had a iiyama monitor die after about 2.5 years

rang up on a firday to say it was fucked and they had a replacment at my door on the monday.

i was really shocked at how quickly they had it all sorted. if i was after a new monitor it would probably be another iiyama:approve:

Fiesta ST
I had a Iiyama CRT years ago that went bump and like has been said, fanatastic CS and replaced it next day!

Go cry to your momma!
Can only echo what's been said - they did the same for me with a CRT about 6 years ago.

Their CS is akin to Apple's ;D