ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im 17 n just drove a m3!!!

(sorry if in wrong section, but im not a member so cant post in other marques)

Im 17 n have been driving since may, and have been driving a 1.4 clio mk1!my dad has a bmw m3 n have allways wanted to drive it, and last night he let me!! (on a private track of course) couldnt believe how fast it was, pretty scary i thought!!i thought my lil 1.4 was nippy but now it feels so slow!! was a real experience!!:D

my clio:

P1010172.jpg

1.4 rt 75bhp

my dads m3:

12-02-06_1428.jpg

(pic at garage)

3.0 300bhp

i dont know if you care, but i thought it was real fun!!:D

its a great feeling.. i drove an e46 m3 cabrio down a private dual carriageway when i was 20 :)

to be honest it didnt feel that quick as the power is just there, and theyr e abig refined car. but then you look at the speedo and it is fecking quick!

but thats the new shape 3.2..

Lux'd Glacier White R26
2 tone calipers?

2 months after passing my driving test, aged 17.5, i went on track (with work), and drove a Ferrari 360 Modena, Porsche Boxter S, Merc SLK 320, MG ZS 180, and a stripped out EVO 6. Now those were scary! ;)

Tyson.

B

Brown.

i went from a 1.2 clio which i thought was quick to me 182.....i was very niave lol

Leon Cupra 300
nice well done id try get a go in that e46 m3 thats sat behind it,, my best was taking an m3 csl around rockingham when i was 20. that has the paddle shift too so was very 'playstation'

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Whats all this talk about driving down 'private' carrageways and tracks for? You got a licence, so drive any f**king car you want at any speed you want, no one gives a s**t.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Tyson-182 said:
2 tone calipers?

2 months after passing my driving test, aged 17.5, i went on track (with work), and drove a Ferrari 360 Modena, Porsche Boxter S, Merc SLK 320, MG ZS 180, and a stripped out EVO 6. Now those were scary! ;)

Tyson.

probably 3 tone fella....Red, white and blue maybe...? :S

Is it just me that thinks that looks like a tarted up 325i? I'm not saying it is, but those wheels, the calipers, the eyebrows, and the piece de resistance - the door handles.

Shame because a standard E36 M3 is a beauty to behold.

cock mobile.
mr_merc said:
Is it just me that thinks that looks like a tarted up 325i? I'm not saying it is, but those wheels, the calipers, the eyebrows, and the piece de resistance - the door handles.

Shame because a standard E36 M3 is a beauty to behold.

That's exactly what I thought!

Defo needs returning to standard imo.

Gavre...think about it...i dont think im guna b insured to drive n m3 on the roads!!!!

yeah the calipers are two tone blue n red with the m3 badge on them, and dont suppose i can prove it but no it is not a tarted up 325i, whats so shocking about chrome door handles??!!do agree the light eyebrows look sh*t but i was talking about driving the car!!every1 has there own opinion i suppose, i jus find it funny how worked up people get about it

cheers tommyboy, atleast sum1s got something nice to say!!:D :D :D

well it was fun to drive anyways!!:D

mk5 VDUB polo
i havent passed my test yet and a few months ago my uncle let me drive his porsche boxter! (privte track.........) imagine getting back into my instructors mini lol....painfull experience

ollie_gozzett said:
i havent passed my test yet and a few months ago my uncle let me drive his porsche boxter! (privte track.........) imagine getting back into my instructors mini lol....painfull experience

hmmmm, are you sue Ollie. lol :D

A4 Avant & A3
My mate had an M3 a while back.. & he wanted me to look after it for him (on my drive) while he was on holiday :) so i thought i'd help him out. He insured me on it & i had 1 week of M3 fun.
Nice car that... don't think i'd wanna pay the fuel & insurance bills mind you.

A Euro'd one...
dick said:
aint an m3 a 3.2......
E36 M3s come in either 3.0 or 3.2 for the Evo.

M3s are brilliant cars to drive and must have been a mind blowing experience at 17. I drove my uncle's E46 M3 convertible when I was 19. I hit 130 on the dual carriage way without even realising and I was grinning ear to ear.

The real eye opener for me was when I had a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R which was tuned to 313bhp and stripped out. That thing was a fcuking beast! Changed everything for me that did and going back to a 1.2 Clio was seriously painful.

A Euro'd one...
Long story. The Pulsar was a mates and I had the Clio before. Due to unforseen circumstances I ended up taking it off his hands. Was the best couple of months of my driving life. In the end he wanted it back. Was so difficult to hand over the keys but ended up saving me a few grand as he blew the engine 2 weeks after.

They are absolutely lethal machines but you have to be careful with them. I'm still considering buying one as a second car but it has to be a minter.

3 MPS, MX5
I think everyone should drive a quick car on a track within a year of passing their test (under supervision of course) as it teaches you better car control and respect of speed, breaking and cornering etc.

Thats why I treated my partner's son for his 18th birthday a trackday, where he got to drive a lambo, SL55, Viper, Noble and Exige. He has definately calmed down a bit in his own car, after writing 2 off. I also wanted him to drive us back from the track in my car, at the time a 400bhp S4 V8 but the underwriters insurers wouldn't insure him, even just for a day. I did let him drive the last few miles though, carefully.:)

I would have loved that at his age.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
16v_er said:
^^^^Well if he is a drug dealer your gonna get a kicking! lol

most drug dealers arent hard. The shitty ones are, the proper drug dealers arent hard they are small businessmen, with big mates :)

I had to Move my dads Porsche 993 Turbo (3.6 Turbo, 420bhp 4wd!) I was 17 at the time, and I only moved it off my drive round the corner and back again, f**k ME what an experience. Didnt like the driving position, but beeing in a car that would EAT a Lamborghini Gallardo for Breakfast, just felt so special, knowing that if you floor it, you are behind the wheel of one of the fastest most capable sports cars ever!

Such an underated car the 993 Turbo, Unfortuantely, due to redundancy he had to sell it :( He now has a 2001 Rover 45 Expression =/

yeah my dads a dealer......lol...nah he is just trying to be 'cool'!!but yeah was a great experience!!!:D :D