ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm melting

cupguy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Ph2 172 Cup.

Known issue with the mirror switch, see pics - completely melted. I had to hack the switch off with a blade as it was completely melted to the plastic connector.

So question - i'll obviously pick up a new switch. But what about the cables, can I just cut them and solder on a new connector and insulate? Or would it be better to replace the whole cable loom and the connector? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of cable as I can't seem to locate it online. I'm probably using the wrong terminology which is why i'm getting no Google results.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20220827_190823268.jpg
    IMG_20220827_190823268.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20220827_190914463.jpg
    IMG_20220827_190914463.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20220827_190852626.jpg
    IMG_20220827_190852626.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 42

cupguy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Found a loom on eBay - hurray! Anyone got any experience of replacing the whole loom, is it just a case of popping off the door card and it plugs in behind that?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Might be simplest just to leave a length of wire on the new connector and splice and solder to the existing loom? Not an electronics guru, but that's what I'd do.

cupguy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Might be simplest just to leave a length of wire on the new connector and splice and solder to the existing loom? Not an electronics guru, but that's what I'd do.

Feel like I should really replace the whole loom but can't see any vids on youtube

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Feel like I should really replace the whole loom but can't see any vids on youtube
I may be wrong, but I figure that would all be on the main interior loom, you'd probably have to go quite far back to go all new. Any idea what caused the melting in the first place? I'd take the door card off and see if there's anywhere obvious it connects, otherwise it may be your best option.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It'll be the full door loom that goes to the big black plug on the front edge of the door. There won't be any other connectors before there. It's not too bad a job to swap the whole door loom over though, just expect some cut arms!