ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm never going to buy another Renault.

Clio 172 mk2
I have had problems with Renault main dealers before but that's just main dealers for you....pretty much there to rip you off no matter what Marque of car you drive.

My 172 is out of warranty now and due to teh depreciation of these cars I'll just be getting it serviced at my local garage where I can trust the work is done well.

I can understand peoples niggles though....I would be pi**ed off if I'd shelled out for a brand new car to get bad backup.......and that's why I've never brought brand new anyway:D

Nippy white cup
My Cup is always pissing me about (just today it has decided to intermittently not start) and yes it does rattle and sups petrol but guess what....I still love it! TBH I can`t hear the rattles over the exhaust anyway. After 2 1/2 years and several visits to Renault I still wouldn`t know what to change it for.

As Loony says it ain`t just renault that have build issues. Most firms are probably cutting corners. My Uncle had an E55 Amg that he had no end of niggles with....then his next car was a Audi 4.2 A8 which randomly decides it wants to try and open the boot....Usually you get what you pay for...but it looks like it`s more like the luck of the draw nowadays

Chris