ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i'm new this is my car

MKIII 138
Naples_16v said:
why you lot say its rubbish??? ok your all allowed your own opinions but why be so harsh ya w*nkers:mad:

really m8 considering the slating some people have got with their ridiculous creations everyone is being friendly. anyone remember how harsh people were with the dustbins ballcrusher had on his car ?

hang on tho.. this is a public discusion forum, not only that the owner asked for opinions if only by showing off the car, if they didnt want a reaction they like me and many others would be posting merily away without the need for a load of car pics. i havent posted any of my cup yet, and only posted one of my 172MKII when i last had it after i fitted some new alloys.

its not a bad car the interior leather looks plush although that age/model of car wont be a nice place to sit in as they have old fashioned rattly interiors with poor ergonomics, rubbish french plastics and a dated dash with not much sound insulation and 4 exhausts constantly blaring out so for me leather means not much.

the spoiler what practical benefit ? certainly asthetically its poor by standards set out by designers of cars over the last 100 years its a matter of opinion but im not sure why it needs to look like that ?

then there is the good points. the paint on it is well kept and imaculate, i actually like the clear lights and bodykit although the wheels dont really suit and its lowered too much.

bascially it would look really nice (for that make of car not the best looking) if it had two large exits instead of four small ones ????
the spoiler makes people laugh where ever you go at you and the car its absolutley ridiculous.

but.. it is a very nice car apart from that. im sure all cliosporters welcome you. but to those who expect people to not comment, why ? as its mentioned time and time again its a forum.

i can say what i like as long as it isnt racist etc..

M

mouthyman

i like the car i think it looks mint, like the bumper from the front but from n angle it looks a bit flat, but generally a really nice car.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
The exhausts are the only thin I'm commenting on - they look ridiculous, that's a fact, not an opinion.

Not meaning to offend the owner at all tho, I'm sure she knows it herself.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Agree with most comments on here.

Exhausts should be 2 large ones instead of those 4. Not hot on the mesh in the front bumper and the spoiler is OTT but the spray job looks good and its indivdual and unique. I'd get a smaller spoiler and change the exhaust's It'd look great then.

Welcome to the site BTW

mk1 phase 3
lol:approve: iv just bin reading all this since my last post! i agree with meggerman to a point. it is a forum after all, the owner of the car did ask fo opinions on it and that is what she has got! i wouldnt say anything that has been said is harsh, cuz it is peoples opinion [which she wanted!]

some people like it, some people dont. you cant have a go at someone cuz their opinion is different to yours.u cant expect every1 to like the same thing. there is no need to cause arguments about a matter of opinion:dapprove:

ollie_yesclio said:
some people like it, some people dont. you cant have a go at someone cuz their opinion is different to yours.u cant expect every1 to like the same thing. there is no need to cause arguments about a matter of opinion:dapprove:

I think everyone gets understands this... but, whilst positive comments are good, don't you think it's just decent manners to hold back on some of the harsher comments when that opinion is obviously gonna hurt the owners feelings.

Nice1 lads another new member with very little posts! maybe will not come back!! Youve done it again!!!

Big clap for yourselves, how very pathetic!!!

MKIII 138
TriO` said:
I think everyone gets understands this... but, whilst positive comments are good, don't you think it's just decent manners to hold back on some of the harsher comments when that opinion is obviously gonna hurt the owners feelings.

what to quote in your opinion has been the harshest comment ????
there hasnt been any awful stuff posted just opinions in fact much less agressive than on the old blue forums..

some funny banter aswell lol

no hard feelins 16"_nipples m8

Arctic Blue Clio 182
I like the look of the overall car. Get some better pics. Oh and welcome to the site. Dont let the bad comment put you off postin again lol

MKIII 138
Clio_Styling said:
Dont let the bad comment put you off postin again lol

there not "bad" there just opinions on a opinions website

CDMullins your car looks like Kermits Love child i have no quarm in giving myself a clap on your behalf

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
lol why sugar-coat your opinions we're all adults here. I'm sure people are mature enough to take both positive and negative comments...if not don't post pics!!

Arctic Blue Clio 182
yea true they may be peoples opinions, but just making her more welcome to the site as she probably wont come back on here again now.

MKIII 138
^^

to true, martin your cars a beast, how are the imola`s ?

if shes brave enough to drive around with spoiler the size of jupiter then im sure she will be back on here

"Navy" N17 TWO
Hi - welcome to the site

As for the wagon - love the interior :)
I like the overall styling of the body -
maybe a smaller spoiler /std rear lights would make a massive "subtle" difference for you

Then again - your car so its what you like :)

Hi and Welcome.

I'd really like this car if you removed the lights, spoilers, bumpers, side skirts, wing mirrors, exhausts and changed the wheels to some anthracite speedlines. In other words, remove all the tat the previous chav who owned it has fitted.

meggerman said:
what to quote in your opinion has been the harshest comment ????
there hasnt been any awful stuff posted just opinions in fact much less agressive than on the old blue forums..

some funny banter aswell lol

no hard feelins 16"_nipples m8

I don't think everyones been that bad tbh.. was just pointing out that i thought what ollie_yesclio said was b****cks

As soon as everyone saw the car they knew it was a' roastin time

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
i kinda like it, personally I prefer std looking stealth cars... BUT

its been really nicely done, and if kate likes it then thats good.... its HER car.

welcome to the madhouse.

Andy

Mk2 Golf GTI
james24 said:
Why do I get the feeling people wouldn't have been so nice about your car if you were male.

How true is that.

No offence but i think it looks worse than CD Mullins' car and that took an absolute hammering.

Spoiler and exhausts look awful, not a fan of the kit at all, it's all out of proportion.

I like the headlights and the paintwork looks mint though

clio 1.8 16v
omg!!!! no i havnt run away.........
and yes i did buy it from paul....hope u wern't trying to catch me out or sumfin wit that comment ;)

i had a standard clio b4 but it was easier to sel that and buy 1 wit sum of the stuff already done as it saved me a packet.
i dont intend on leavin it as it is.
i changed both the front and rear lights and hav had the front bumper re-fitted and meshed and the wings fixed 2.
unsure about the exhausts was thinkin of a sideways 1 but we'l c.
yes i do get a lot of attention in it, but then i get a lot of attention anyway :rasp:
i work 4 m&s in camberley.
and tbh i dnt care if sum of u dnt like it cos its not u who's drivin it ;)

and im not sure i want 2 put a pick of myself up now.......lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i was just going to say, wheres your pic!

welcome to the forum btw, people get flamed for having a modified car on here for some reason, so try not to take it personally!

:)

clio 1.8 16v
TriO` said:
she's tasty :D

You remember bumping into about 8 williams and valvers at a cruise thing when you first got it??

we were on a williams clio meet and went for a laugh, there were loads of chavs even the icecream van there had neons!

lol thanks and yeh i do remember u that. sum1 ran over and asked to take pictures as soon as i turned up