ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im new to this

clio 182 silver
hello to all i am new to this so bear with me. i am searching for my first ever clio i wanting a clio 172sport (not a cup) 2002 onwards i have a budget set and have searched and found that i can get a good one for money it has to be standard. i have had "hot hatchs" before mg zr nova punto xr2 and currently have a mini one7 ltd etd which i love. it is due to finances i need some thing bit cheaper and fooking fast. i am after any help or advice on buying a clio 172. i have read bout cambelts what do i need to look out for, rattling seats are these common. i know i typed alot but i gotta be sure what im doing. i am going for comfort for mrs and engine for me.
any help advice dos and donts please help :)

Last edited:
  Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
If you going for comfort forget a 172 cup. Cam belts around 50k, HPi it, full service history etc. Not a great deal goes wrong with them tbh despite what people say about Renaults.

ps, welcome to Clio Sport

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
There are NO bad models of 172 out there, there are bad/dodgy/knackered cars. But each Model has many merits. You need to get in a few and find which you like I reckon.. Thats my 2 penneth good or bad.

Oh yeh welcome.

Sy

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i have had "hot hatchs" before mg zr nova punto xr2 and currently have a mini one7 ltd etd

So this is your 1st hot hatch!! ;)
Welcome.

clio 182 silver
i am now waiting on the finance to come back on a iceberg silver ff 172 sport 2003 from a renault dealer who is giving me 10200 for my 55 reg mini. clio has full renault service history and is mint apart from few parking dinks

Leon Cupra R 225
welcome

get a 172 full fat for with half leather for around 5k but follow the links that edde posted. they're very useful

MINI Cooper S
i am now waiting on the finance to come back on a iceberg silver ff 172 sport 2003 from a renault dealer who is giving me 10200 for my 55 reg mini. clio has full renault service history and is mint apart from few parking dinks

You can get more than £10200 for your mini assuming it hasnt got huuuuge mileage. I would push for more if it were me. Oh and welcome :)

clio 182 silver
hi i now have had my finance agreed on a silver 182 30k 9 grand from renault dealer full service history warrenty and the lot and still giving me 10200 for mini. mini been keyed and got bald tyres. so it not tobad