ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac <3

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Oh my god,

Im gob smacked. All those Mac haters... get on one and use it. You will never go back to pc.

Ive just picked up my 24" iMac... its amazing. I cant get over the difference.

Just thought i'd say my piece

:)

Sam

visualize whirled pe
Yhea man, I got my MacPro a few weeks back... f**king beast! There is no point trying to count how long it takes to load Photoshop, the time it takes me to release the mouse pointer off the Ps icon it's loaded, like one second!

It's the new intel eight core with an HD monitor. My last mac (G4 mirror) lasted me 6 years and is still going strong , no upgrades apart from a gig memory in all that time.

macint.gif

mac1.gif

I thought I'd have to install the OS but I switched it on, in less than 2 seconds it was playing a movie where you are flying through space with little bits of typography poping up, then the camera slows down and stays stationary in perfect resolution, that then becomes your deskop picture. I put my details in (less than 30 seconds) it found the home hub and it registered me with Apple.. Within another minute I was playing my favourite vids in iTunes and ready to do a day's work.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's the new intel eight core with an HD monitor. My last mac (G4 mirror) lasted me 6 years and is still going strong , no upgrades apart from a gig memory in all that time.

This is what the wintel "macs are overpriced, I could get a better spec. yada. yeada" bell-ends don't understand.

My G4 quicksilver tower is still used today and it still feels fast as hell. Plus it still has some value! A wintel PC of similar era, well, you might be able to swap it for 2 marbles, a toy soldier and a stick of wrigleys if you're lucky.

Apple FTW!!

bought a macbook 4-5 months ago, then sold my high spec desktop after a few weeks. Never looked back, i do miss Windows for some applications but i just installed VMware and run XP on that. Perfect.

iMac running Vista is where it's at tbh. Perfect desktop PC.
In terms of having one box, doing everything, there's nothing it's lacking!

I sold my Macbook Pro after a year though.. as I decided I wanted a 12" Portable Dell laptop :p

ok now try and play some games...

Er.. *turns on Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360* :p
Or, just install them like you would normally.. like I said, iMac running Vista > *

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
They are better than PC's.

It starts in no time at all... games wise? Games on PC's FTL...

Thats why people buy 360's, ps3's Wii's etc..

They are better, end of :p

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Love my MacBook Pro. Games? There's CrossOver Games to emulate inside OS X or Boot Camp to run them natively and in my case, a nice 512mb nvidia to help out. ;)

350Z GT
Got a normal Macbook, possibly the worst built laptop ever especially in comparison to the macbook pro which feels pretty indestructable. Macbook has huge gaps in between bits of plastic, the casing on the top has cracked which i was told by Apple was a manufacturing fault and to get it fixed i have to go to their shop 3 seperate times which is about 25miles away from me - across the solent - costing about £30 a time!!!

Apart from that it is a great bit of kit and once ive got my finances sorted will be buying an iMac.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I always hated macs untill i got my 20" imac, but good lord are they ace, everything is so damn simple, bosh bosh its done no loading installing waah b****cks haha.

Jus dragging pics places is easy and putting usb's in and s**t its just so simple. I only use my laptop for Microsoft office now.

Hope you don't mind me asking, what makes you use the tablet instead of the mouse? graphics work or you prefer it? I've got wrist issues (no not w$*kers wrist before you all say lol!!) suspected carpal tunnel cack and I've been trying various different options but couldn't get on with the tablet at all! drove me mad!

Love the macs, not right for all but for those willing to give them a try generally they just work and are a pleasure to use in a way that pc's just aren't!!!

Yhea man, I got my MacPro a few weeks back... f**king beast! There is no point trying to count how long it takes to load Photoshop, the time it takes me to release the mouse pointer off the Ps icon it's loaded, like one second!

macint.gif

mac1.gif

I thought I'd have to install the OS but I switched it on, in less than 2 seconds it was playing a movie where you are flying through space with little bits of typography poping up, then the camera slows down and stays stationary in perfect resolution, that then becomes your deskop picture. I put my details in (less than 30 seconds) it found the home hub and it registered me with Apple.. Within another minute I was playing my favourite vids in iTunes and ready to do a day's work.

One's a desktop, one's a laptop.. you can't really compare them - it depends what you want? Heh.

I guess spec for spec, the iMac is.. as it uses more desktop hardware so generally cheaper to produce so you get better spec/performance.
(screen size vs macbook, hard drive speed etc)

Clio 197
^

You see my dilemma then. I thought about getting an imac + eepc.

If there were a decent docking solution (screen, HDD and peripherals), I'd stick with the macbook.

PS I'm still running XP - haven't totally gone to the dark side quite yet.

Don't think there will ever be a decent docking station for them.. could be wrong, but I doubt it. You'll just have to get an Apple Display and plug everything in to the Macbook seperately :p

Clio 197
^

Nope... still running XP on it (bootcamp? lol).

New MB 2.4ghz arrived a few days ago... not switched it on yet. Should be a bit quicker than my old one (2ghz).