ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac RAM Upgrade

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Anybody done it? Worth it?

Which sticks do I need?

I have 2gb at the min, wants to upgrade to 4gb.

Its this one... intel.

apple_2009_24_imac.jpg

Sam

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
if i want 4gb, what do i buy?

I mean, do I need to buy 2x 2gb sticks and remove the old ones? Or do i just buy 2x 1gb sticks and put them in the flap at the bottom?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
If you want 4GB you'll need 2x2GB as there are only two slots. Standard is 2x 512MB AFAIK.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Will ram make dreamweaver and PS work a little faster? What price can you do me for some DDR3 RAM (4gb) Matt? (works computer wont read your webpage)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Should make it cope a bit better, more so with larger documents.

What machine is it for? Doubt I'll be able to get much better price than eBuyer etc as memory is very competitive.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Its for a macbook 13" Unibody. The ones they did before they rebranded them pro ( :S ) and sealed in the HDD.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Its for a macbook 13" Unibody. The ones they did before they rebranded them pro ( :S ) and sealed in the HDD.
Kingston memory all we sell and that ends up about £85 staff price otherwise £100 price. Be better off at ebuyer TBH and get crucial ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I upgraded my iMac 2.66GHz Intel-C2D from 2 to 4GB about 2 weeks ago.

Really easy to do .. i think mine were £19 each from crucial's website. I think they were also upgraded from 600mhz to 800. Be careful - it's the 200 dim stuff not the 240 ? that ebuyer sell. I couldnt find anything compatible on ebuyers site.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I upgraded my other macbook to 4gb (plastic one) but never used DW or PS on that one much... Last time i checked it was £49 for 2 x 2gb ssticks of ram for my unibody