ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMessage problem, new SIM, but still send as old number.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
had iMessage all set up working fine, went to germany, now i've put a German sim in, iMessage is still sending all my messages as if it's from my old number?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Because your iTunes/App store account is logged in.

You need to go and "Forget" the login.

Messages>Preferences>Accounts>Sign Out.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Because your iTunes/App store account is logged in.

You need to go and "Forget" the login.

Messages>Preferences>Accounts>Sign Out.

There is no preferences under messages,

My iMessage constantly says waiting for activation now aswell.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Bad news, you have to wipe the phone. Back it all up first.

I had this issue once, and it's where it updates to the latest firmware, it doesn't install certain parts of iMessage components.

Apple confirmed this for me once.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
FFS, not gonna happen as pretty much have no internet connection for back up.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I researched a similar problem before (preferences etc not showing up in iMessage) and never found a way round it, nor did Apple know of one apart from a full restore.

Theres a way to use a phone socket to get free dial up, well the price of the call. (It'll take forever however).

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
my email address, my old number is there, but it's greyed out.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Turn Airplane mode on, count to ten, turn it back off. (So network(s) can be rescanned).

Then do a soft reset, hold the home button and power button simultaneously and don't let go until the apple logo appears.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I would get in contact with Apple to be honest. I've never had the issue of moving abroad so having to change things over to a different network.