ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Declaration Form?

RenaultSport clio 182
Anybody heard of this? My insurance company is asking for a copy of it but looking through the paperwork I received with the car (new 182 from Motorpoint) I can't seem to find it.

Did anyone else receive this with their car?

raceing blue 182
hi just to say inside you should of recieved big black book type thing and inside is manual etc etc and on piece of paper tells you about alarm and immobiliser

RenaultSport clio 182
Thanks for that, I didn't think of looking in there! I'll have a look for it later.

RenaultSport clio 182
I couldn't find this form anywhere so I phoned Motorpoint. I was told by a sales manager that as it was an import they didn't come with this declaration. I started to panic a bit so I phoned Renault Customer Service. I gabe them the Clio's chassis number and they were able to confirm that the car is fitted with a Cat 1 Immobiliser and they will put it in writing too which was a relief!

Incidentley I have had to phone them a couple of times for one thing and another and I have found them to be 1st class with their customer service. Always polite and willing to help. Perhaps they should pass that down to their dealers!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
amica said:
Anybody heard of this? My insurance company is asking for a copy of it but looking through the paperwork I received with the car (new 182 from Motorpoint) I can't seem to find it.

Did anyone else receive this with their car?

Motorpoints cars are nearly all imports . Not a problem to me , same car, same UK spec and built in the same Alpine factory . Just one thing . Do you know if your car has a 1 year or 3 year warranty as there is a bit of a grey area with imports and warranties . Some people say its only 1 year , but i've also heard if your phone renault UK they will register it and you will get the full 3 year warranty . I know whenever i have phoned the local renault garage the couldn't find any record of mine cos it was an import . Its 4 years old now so its of no concern to me now . But if you can get it covered for 3 years with renault UK by phoning them i would do it . If you do phone em could you post on here what was their response as i would be interested to know .Enjoy your 182 ;)

MrBillyUK !