ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser fault fix finally L@@K

Clio 172 MK2
Just to let you all know, i had the devil red Immobiliser flashing light when ignition turned on and car wouldn't start. I tried all the solutions on here, relays, ring, fuse e.t.c e.t.c

Anyway i thought its got to be the key!!! So i bit the bullet and got a new one. Brand new plip fob & blade cut and programed for £120 and he came out to my car on the driveway. Now that's a BARGAIN!!!!!

I rang him he turned up 15min later and was done in 10min. He doesn't even need Renault he does it all himself. All original parts as well

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:D

He serves the NW so anyone needs his number PM me and i will send you his number.

I am so happy now..........DONT think i will get one next week or the week after, if its going dodgy i.e doesn't start every time then get a new one ASAP!!!! Or you will end up stuck on your driveway!!!

Hope this helps people.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Clio 172 MK2
If your car starts then i wouldnt worry. Maybe your immob has been diactivated as when this has been done it can still flash but it will start ok.

My car wouldnt do anything!!!!

Clio 172 MK2
He used a computer that plugs into the OBD under the ashtray.

He read the memory and extracted the pin/immob code then reprogramed the key.

The key opens ans locks the car and most of all it starts it!!!

All supplied and coded £120, i think thats pretty good :D :D

Clio 172 MK2
Tell me about it!!!! He has to pay for the key but it must still be worth it for him or he wouldnt do it. I work at a body shop and we spend 13k a month with reno and with maximum discount i could get key for £83 but then its £11 for a blade + coded at £30 thats £124!!! Also 5-10 days wait for key!!! From ringing guy that came out to it and job being done it wasnt even 1 hour!!!!! thats what i call service, Rekon he made at least £50 out of me lol!!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
why do u need a blade take it out the old key. i have never seen anybody get that info from the car itsself

Clio 172 MK2
I was stood next to him when he did it. I actually had a code allready that i got from reno and it wouldnt work. So he said dont worry and got it off the car itself and it worked. He was properly kitted out. Brand new VW transporter, key cutting machine, rack of keys in the van with all flip/remote keys for loads of cars. Computers e.t.c thats all he does keys all day long!!!! If you lose your keys he make new ones and codes them e.t.c

As for the blade i know you can change it but the old one was a bit rusty and it was included anyway.

Do you want me to pm you his number and you can ring him and ask how he got the number?

i give him 10/10

Last edited:

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
so how can i tell if my imboliser has been deactivated my last car got stolen so kinda need one

Clio 172 MK2
Slide your key apart into two parts, one part will have the circuit board and the other side will hold the blade.

With the blade side of the key try and start but keep the circuit board part well away from car so it cant pick signal up from it, and if it starts then your immobilser is deactivated. If the light continue's to flash and wont start then its immobilized.

Be carefull taking key apart, it doesnt clip into 2 it slides. Hold key in hand with blade facing you, hold firm but push the top part away from you.

Hope this helps

clio172+

p.s Let me know how you get on

Last edited:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i can get a new clio plip key and blade and code it my self for £50 all in, now thats bargains

Clio 172 MK2
Cant you just turn on ignition hold unlock for 5 secs then hold lock for 5 secs? Thats what i did.

Nope, you couldnt do anything. It was a simple case of new key or no car lol!!!

The only thing that worked was sqeezing the key as you turn to start it, this did work for about 3 weeks and then...................nothing.

What happens is, after say 6 years of pressing the button on the key, each time you press it the circuit board flexies and eventually connections within the board are broken, which in turn messes your car up!!! The breaks you cant even see but they are, just minute/hairline e.t.c