ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Issue?

182FF with cup packs
I have a starting issue with my 182.

Every morning it starts up fine. It seems almost every evening when I come out of work it needs anywhere from 2 to 30 attempts to start it.

It's not a battery issue, there's plenty of power there (as evidenced by it firing up when it actually goes). All the dash lights go on as normal, I don't get the mental clicking sound from the relays, the starter motor just doesn't even try.

I took it into the local garage who said there were a couple of error codes about immobilizer communication and they reckon its that, they replaced the battery in my keyfob and re-coded my key and recommended I try my spare if it happens again, but I was under the impression that if the immobilizer kicked in then the engine would crank but not fire (and that seems to be what any other starting issue posts say as well)? They apparantly cchecked out the starter motor and it was electrically fine.

My spare key has the same behavior.

Does it sound like an immobilizer issue. Any ideas? Does it sound like a main stealership job?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pretty much every Clio II i see has a decoder/ring connection fault present but it doesnt mean a thing. How the hell did they manage to re-code a single key to as that would automatically wipe the second key? I think they *may* be making that up!

If the starter isn't functioning the first place to check is the vehicles earth points followed by checking the starter solenoid control live is in good order and has a nice, tight connection.

Mick