ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser light flickering

PH1 172
I noticed the immob light between the handbrake and stop light was flickering very faintly and it got brighter the more I accelerated.

Any ideas anyone?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the decoder ring but that light is controlled by the UCH and as its flickering whilst the engine is running i'd be supprised if its the key code not being read as the car would prove difficult to start. I'd say its most likely a UCH fault (no doubt due to water/moisture ingress) and i'd check there aren't any other electrical issues hiding.

Check all windows work, central locking, indicators, auto-lights, etc... all the things you take for granted that the UCH manages.

Mick

PH1 172
It came on again this morning and I had the blower on full blast and the light was bright red when I turned the blower down the light faded when i used the passenger electric window it flashed and the same with the drivers windowI have had a mechanic on it at work and he put a tester on the battery he said it wasnt getting a charge at first but then we did the test again and was getting a full charge he said it could be an intermitent alternator he also said the battery did need abit of a charge I have the battery on charge now and he is going to test it again next week does this sound like the alternator is the cause f the light because its on its way out.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nope, i honestly doubt its an alternator issue as the charge circuit is completely isolated from the LED in the clockset as its UCH controlled. Another reason i believe this not to be the case is that nothing else is playing up.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its slightly different on a phase 1 so my bad for not looking at what you drive... just get so used to people saying "imob fault" its a knee-jerk responce. A ph1 doesnt have a UCH per say but a multi-timer unit.

PH1 172
Still having trouble with this also interior/dash lights, headlights go dim when using blowers or electric windows and radio cuts out when going through the blower control

Still having trouble with this also interior/dash lights, headlights go dim when using blowers or electric windows and radio cuts out when going through the blower control

Check the alternator and battery

I'd recon alternator could be on its way out.

PH1 172
I still have this problem and a couple of times the airbag, abs and serv light have come on.
The first time it happened the car was idling as I warmed it up one morning I revved it up abit and it was fine and then tonight as I left work they came on as I started to drive away then it tried cutting out until I gave it a couple of revs then it was back to normal and the the red light was back again as I drove home from work.
This is the first time in over a week it has happened.