ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser question

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
on a 172/182 if the immobiliser is armed does it let the fuel pump prime on ignition?

330i. E30 Touring.
I think it does prime.

But the injectors/coil pack are immobilised.

I'll let you know next time mine plays up!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Lol Thanks. We have a 1.2 that has an immobiliser problem we think. It unlocks fine, all the dash lights come on as should, the immob light flashes fast and wont turn over... any ideas?

330i. E30 Touring.
Does it ever start?

Try changing the battery in the key. Mine was playing up, but I changed the battery, and bent the connection tabs out so it's making better contact and so far so good.

Evo 8 MR
on a 172/182 if the immobiliser is armed does it let the fuel pump prime on ignition?

I've had this problem recently and my answer to this is no, it doesn't.

Obviously I'm no mechanic but from my experience with this it only ever primed when the light went out. That's when I knew I could start it.

If anyone is having this problem I highly recommend you replace the two black ignition relays under the bonnet on the right hand side.

New ones only from Renault circa £18 each. I tried swapping them around etc but only when I put new ones in did it fix the issue.

Your barking up the wrong tree with changing batterys in the fob.