ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Trouble

99 Clio 1.2 RN
I'm in the process of buying my brother's '99 Clio RN. When he had it the key fob wouldn't work. I got it working by just clicking it repeatedly. The problem now is that the immobiliser light will some times just constantly flash and not allow the car to be started, it takes up to 20 minutes of turning the car on and off to get it started.

I have been reading that it will cost in the region of £200 to get a new key reprogrammed. Would I be able to remove the immobiliser altogether or will I need to get a new key, etc.

Cheers,
Neil

clio s
had the same issue with my 182 it is a new key you will need taking the immobiliser out all together could leave your car permenantly deadlocked unless done right, before i got my new key i used 2 find that putting the key in button facing down and pressing the button whilst turning the key in the barrel would work its just typical renault electrics my friend dont get me wrong i love the car to bits i just wish they wernt an electrical nightmare lol