ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser

Renault clio
I have a Renault Clio 1.2 MTV, today while i was at college my central locking stopped working, so i just locked every door manually, went back into it today, and the engine wont start someone has told me this is because of the immobiliser and ive researched it on the internet and it seems to be a common problam has this happened to anyone else? if so how did you fix it ? thanks

RB FF 182
Hey,

the day I bought my 172 this happened to me. Does the remote locking work now? If not gently open your keyfob and change the battery first?

Inside mine was a little button that had fallen off which I had to solder. Luckily it works but I bought a new key from Renault (£154!!!!!) just to be safe.

Hope some of this may help.

Ta.

Renault clio
mate ive replaced the batteries, nothing had fallen out, and still the car isnt working :( so im gonna have to ring the garage where i bought it from cos its got a 3 month warrenty and ive had it 4 days lol, if not someone told me its gonna cost 300 quid to fix this motherfucker immobiliser

Does the red light in the middle of the dash go out whilst you try to start the car?

Have you checked the fuses for the central locking as well?

Renault clio
Does the red light in the middle of the dash go out whilst you try to start the car?

Have you checked the fuses for the central locking as well?

Nah the light seems to be on all the time, and yeah all seemed fine

Renault clio
Okay got it working again today but now my alarm won't go off and it's really loud :/ any solutions please

Last edited: