ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobilisor stopping from starting ( engine conversion)

M135i
In the middle on swapping my 1.2 with a 182 engine, everything is in and wired up, come to start the engine and we dont think its creating a spark or the immobolisor is stopping the starter motor from starting up.

How do i get around it or could it be somthing else causing the problem ? the locking is all working fine, which might suggest the immobolisor isnt actually the problem.

Megane dci 130
Whats the problem? Wont crank? Cranking but not firing? Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on? Is the little red imobiliser light going out?

M135i
The immobiliser light just stays on constant with the key turned, it cranks but doesnt fire and im pretty sure the fuel does pump as we got a sniff of fuel when we was trying to fire it up so i would imagin that thats working fine.

Megane dci 130
Check all the connections to the relays in the box behind the passenger headlight. Also check all the fuses you can find one by one. (even the big ones).

Are you running a full conversion as in dash loom, uch, 172 key fob?
Or a decoded 172 ECU with your original keys?

M135i
Ive sorted it and its all up and running :D

We was earting the wire from the ecu to the battery which wasnt working for whatever reason, we put it on the engine to be earthed and it worked straight away :D

Thanks anyways

M135i
Ok problem has come back again, cranks but wont fire, any suggests, im pretty sure its the immobilisor

Replaced, spark plugs, coilpack, TDC sensor and still nothing :dapprove: