ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IMPORTANT - How 2 Brake Properly!!!

Checked my tire pressures last night i was down 2psi on the passenger side but i dont think that would cause the caravanning i felt. Actually at a ton plus i spose that could have some effect. Also i hadnt considered the whole brake temperature issue.

I dont know why but u never seem to think of these things when road driving. I handt used my brakes at all that evening, it was nice quiet cruising with most of the deceleration being caused by the gears.

Also i thought that 172s didnt come with e, i though that was a myth.

Back to the original Q though, how come clios start to caravan when things like Pugs and Fucoss dont?

172 sport,

hi ben i know its not an artic but what ive found during my years of driving lories is if theres no weight on the back and you stand on the brakes quick as a flash your sideways but if ya re adjust the load sensor to give more rear force it stops stepping out obviously truck brakes are very different to cars ie air or air over hydrolic etc the basic idea is the same and driving tippers especialy on land fill sites things get ripped off normaly the load sensor rod and then you have no rear brakes at all and sideways you go im not trying to argue the point as you said but i feel this to be a valid explanation allbeit only from my experiance

BMW 320d Sport

Well not getting too technical but basically the rule for fast cross country work or track time is *always brake in a straight line*.

Ive never driven a car with ABS so Im used to knowing when the tyres are about to slip and can back off. Going into a bend, go hard on the brakes until youre at the speed you want, then keep the throttle balanced around the corner and then cane it out of the bend.

I often dont use the brakes at all, just change down and rev-match by blipping the throttle so when you drop in the lower gear it doesnt struggle, then the engine will brake you smoothly .