ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Improve cooling

I want to change my thermostat and fan switch to something that comes on at lower temps than the standard parts on my 16v.

Anyone know the bits I need? Are they renault 5 parts?

Cheers

Rob

BMW 320d Sport

Errr, try on the cliosportsclub yahoo group, theres always a bit of a debate on there about changing thermostat switches for one from a 5GTT. Dont know if it works properly though...

Have you tried simply draining the system and washing it through? I done this to mine and it ran like a dream (although Ive got anougher prob with something else now!!)

I will be flushing it out (hopefully at the weekend if I find time) but I thought Id see what else I could do while the system was drained.

To be honest from what wongy has told me it isnt running all that hot but Im on the look out for any improvements!

you could buy and fit a Pacet fan on as it draws air in muc faster,and i wouldnt fit moe and a 3 deg cooler thermo as theyre meant to run at the original thermos temp!

alternatively, you could buy a heat exchange unit. Basically it heats the engine faster and cools it better. It works by passing oil and water close together past a thin metal membrane (no it wont leak). When you statrt the cold engine, water heats up faster, the heat is the passed into the oil, providing better protection nd faster warm ups. When the oil is hot, it can pass this heat onto the water system, thus keeping the oil at the optimim thermostats temp....justan idea.