ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

improving handling.

K9 EVV
1.6 16v 2002
it has hk highsport coilovers (70 - 75 mm )
17" wheels with brand new f1 on.

iam getting a bit of understeer, is there any thing i can do it make it better...

kev

VX220, Shogun
Your car is inherently set up to understeer as it is designed to be a shopping trolley for mumsy.

Investigate what you can do with the front geometry. The cheapest way to influence the car's handling is sorting out some anti roll bars. You will want a thicker one at the rear. You could also change the springs.

Depends on if you really give a s**t.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
blacksheep said:
Your car is inherently set up to understeer as it is designed to be a shopping trolley for mumsy.

Investigate what you can do with the front geometry. The cheapest way to influence the car's handling is sorting out some anti roll bars. You will want a thicker one at the rear. You could also change the springs.

Depends on if you really give a sh*t.

Rear anti-roll really ain't possible, and a stiffer one would be the last thing you want. Your stiffen the back up or reduce rebound damper rate to reduce chassis flex and utimately stop the car from oversteering.

It's a front wheel drive car and the roads @ this time of ur are very green. When summer comes round it'll be much sharper esp with the coils on. Mine was anyway.

Pressures on the 17's around 32-30

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fred2001Dynamic said:
you want a wee tad of toe in also

The snowplow effect! To be honest if you wanna go drastic, give it a few degree's of Negative camber. Wouldn't go near the caster is i were you, Gets messy.

Unless you want to go through tyres at an alarming rate i'd leave the car geometry as near to parallel as you can.

VX220, Shogun
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Rear anti-roll really ain't possible, and a stiffer one would be the last thing you want. Your stiffen the back up or reduce rebound damper rate to reduce chassis flex and utimately stop the car from oversteering.

It's a front wheel drive car and the roads @ this time of ur are very green. When summer comes round it'll be much sharper esp with the coils on. Mine was anyway.

Pressures on the 17's around 32-30
I think you're confusing ARBs with strutbraces here. A thicker rear ARB will reduce understeer, uberscroat.

K9 EVV
am going to check tyres preesure in a bit havent check them since new tyres on, what am i looking at????? what do you suggust fred????

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fred2001Dynamic said:
Ali, "the racing driver who curbs his alloys by taking the racing line through a corner"

Pardon me sweet cheeks...what are you blabbering on about??!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
blacksheep said:
I think you're confusing ARBs with strutbraces here. A thicker rear ARB will reduce understeer, uberscroat.

No no...i was talking about ARB's...It's pointless having a rear strut, unless you weld it to the rr strut tops...IIRC. The carbon gimic's are purely there for style rather than purpose.

K9 EVV
just went out in car, the steering fill really light, i fill like mine going to die. why is my car doing this????