ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In 2 Minds

#001 172 Exclusive
I have a VTR at min as well as my clio, one of my mates has offered me a swap for his 172!! not sure what to do as there are a few things wrong with the 172........ the heads gone!!!

any idea's what do i do????

Cayman S Edition 1
Wait for a decent one to come up. Why trade for one thats possibly knackered?

#001 172 Exclusive
cuz its cheap tbh!!
i'm thinkin keep it as a weekend car or strip it and make it into a track car!!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
how much is your vtr worth? also will you be doing the work yourself on the 172?

#001 172 Exclusive
not sure how much its worth, its S reg with 77k on i've put white VTS wheels on it but there isnt a mark on the body work!!
I wont be doin it myself i'll get someone else do it as i wouldnt have a clue what i'm doin!! lol

#001 172 Exclusive
heres the sax!!!
151208043.jpg

audi a6 3.0tdi
That looks really nice. it may end up costing a fair bit to get the clio sorted it depends if you want to start spending on it.

#001 172 Exclusive
the sax was standard so spent on that!!
just think i could get the 172 back to how it should look and not shabby!!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i would keep the saxo as its all up together and you know whats going on with it...also it seems once a french car starts havingproblems thats it lol

BMW E46 330i Touring
Seems you have already made up your mind to be honest mate.

I'd be weary of picking up a car with the head gone - you have no idea what else is wrong with it and will need replacing in the next 6/12 months.

But, if it's a project and you're prepared to spend the money then fair enough. Although you can get Ph1's so cheap now you'd be better off selling the VTR and putting ther money you would spend on repairing the knackered 172 towards a decent one.

1 Series Coupe
Sax looks nice.

172's are fairly cheap now, you could probably find a good example if you really wanted one.

#001 172 Exclusive
yeh i do really want one!! think i'm just wanting somethin fast agen after the 182 got wrote off!!
just cant justify spendin big money on a car when i've got a decent car to get me about just want a toy

s1 williams/106gti
I have a VTR at min as well as my clio, one of my mates has offered me a swap for his 172!! not sure what to do as there are a few things wrong with the 172........ the heads gone!!!

any idea's what do i do????
heres my old 106
CRIM0118.jpg

now i have a williams get one !!!! lol