ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In a pickle. need help asap.

Clio 1.2 8v
getting coilovers fitted but wanna get my wheels laser aligned so the tracking is sorted etc,

however i went to get it done and they said i need to know what it needs to be set up as so they can configure it into the computer.

i have no idea,

anyone know???

im loweing it 35mm from standard.

cheers all.

Chocolate Bar™
you need to take it to a proper place.

on my 1.2 16v i opted for basically the stand setup as i was only planning on using it as a road car. and just had a tiny bit more camber put on to help the cornering without affecting tyre wear.

i was pleased with the place that did my car for 75quid and used the bosch setup. but if i'd have gone lower than i would have needed to find a place with the hunter system which clips to the face of the alloy.

Chocolate Bar™
think you set it up to 0.20 and 0.22 iirc. and i only went to 0.40 so it really wasnt that far out at all.

when he set it up properly there wasnt a massive difference tbh. having just spoke to yoz your prices have gone up a fair bit so ill end up swinging edde some stella when my new suspension arrives ;)

If the place is any good they will know that themselves. I got mine laser alligned at fowkes auto in Leicestershire. All they needed to know from me was- How much drop do you want, and how much do you wanna pay?

They took care of the rest for me.

Get it setup with normal toe in and depending how you drive it 0.5 to -1.5 degree negative camber (the bigger the camber the more the wheel are like this (viewed from the front

/ \ rarther than this ¦ ¦. The more you have them out the more it wears the inside edge it depends how you drive though.

Clio 1.2 8v
sweet thanks ppl. any one know how much and where i can get and expert to fit?

ive been told that elite in essex do a great job.