ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In a position and need your opinon.

Mk4 .:R32
I just saw a silver 172 FF on my way to work this morning and now i want one again Lol, plus theres a 172 cup on the IOW for sale, which is a v. rare sight. :(

182kev

Insurance changes constantly mate just shop about and keep a check on prices,maybe consider doing an advanced driving course as that would help your insurance costs,also look at decent alarms as every little helps

visualize whirled pe
just hope there will still be nice examples around

They aren't classics dude so I don't think you'll have any probs finding descent 172 in 5 years let alone one year! And if you cant find one on the iow just find one on the mainland, it aint a problem as people import cars from Australia to the UK, if they want it enough.

If you were into classic cars or very rare or limited cars then that's a different matter, then you have to be quick to snap up a good 'un or even have your finger on the pulse to find out when good ones are up for sale so you can buy it right when you see it. Fortunately, at the moment you aspire to own a car that was made in abundance..

MCS R56
Agree with above comments on insurance. You get nothing back for it, so I will not pay out silly amounts just to run a car. £190 for me this year on the Cup!

My advice - run what you can afford. Also, being 21 next year will not lower your quote by very much. 25 is where the premium seems to drop more noticably. Also, with the fuel. You will use a whole lot more than the 1.2, mainly due to increase in acceleration where you will be having more fun!

Shed.
Agree witth all above. If it will stop you haveing a laugh, going out etc then no! Also have you done a quote with one of your parents on the car? My Mum ha sa clean licence held for over 25 years odd and having her as a named driver reduced my quote by 100 or so...

I know which is why i didnt get one the first time round. I can afford to run one now. Maybe ill find a month where im skint now and again but in general im guna be okay..

Yeah did a quote with my dad as the main driver, took it down by about a grand.

Ive got 2 years No claims. But theyre named driver no claims and both are with different companies. So i doubt i can class them as ncb's.

MCS R56
Agree witth all above. If it will stop you haveing a laugh, going out etc then no! Also have you done a quote with one of your parents on the car? My Mum ha sa clean licence held for over 25 years odd and having her as a named driver reduced my quote by 100 or so...

I know which is why i didnt get one the first time round. I can afford to run one now. Maybe ill find a month where im skint now and again but in general im guna be okay..

Yeah did a quote with my dad as the main driver, took it down by about a grand.

Ive got 2 years No claims. But theyre named driver no claims and both are with different companies. So i doubt i can class them as ncb's.

You can get into bother insuring this way.

Shed.
Yer which is why i dont wanna anymore. he was at the time the main drive of the car. And now hes got his own because i use it all the time.

Dont forget that your tax for the 172 will be double what you pay now and same with the petrol! So make sure you can afford all of this! Gordon Brown needs a good kicking! lol! If you can afford it go for it!