ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In-car audio

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Currently I have the standard headunit, along with standard wiring and speakers. I have to have the bass on -3 when music is even moderately loud because otherwise the rattling gets on my tits.

Is this rattling due to the speakers themselves, or will this rattling always occur just due to the interior build quality?

Is there any way to improve things? I'm not looking for a sub in the boot, bass blaring or any of that nonsense, would just like some bass and good all round audio clarity without every part of the car rattling.

Thanks.

Polo + Micra
are you sure it's the car rattling or the speakers outputting the sound that sounds like it.

as most OEM speakers are crap and so are the head units

so asking too much of either and you'll lose all sound quality and will sound s**t.

IMHO new alpine head unit coupled to a KTP-445A and some new speakers. that way you gain a hell of a lot without going down sub amp route

late 2003 172cup
Have you got a ktp-445a? I keep thinking of getting one as you said , tidy way to 100w x4. Like to know its worth the money

Polo + Micra
yeah i've got one in my polo and i can't turn my alpine headunit above 20 now for the sake of the speakers which are the OEM ones

i went for it as i didn't want the hassle of installing an amp

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'll admit to knowing next to nothing about car audio installation and what's what, so I'll have to get down to some reading.

If I'm to keep using this car long-term (as I hope) then I really need to sort the audio and niggly rattles out.

The car will rattle regardless, it's an old clio not a high end german barge, so you'll have to put up with it I'm afraid. Once you've got some decent speakers you can just turn it up so it drowns out the rattles lol.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
At the moment though that's not possible, when I play music loud, you always get the rattle after the bass, on a slight delay, so if it's a dance song and the bass is on the kick then you'll always notice because the rattles hit between the kick - it's really really annoying, so anything I can do to resolve it I will, even if it means sound-deadening etc.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I think most of my rattles are from the door cards and dash - tempted to go down the tried and tested blue-tac dash technique.

What I sort of had in mind in my head is that it might be possible to buy better quality speakers that put out the same level of volume with much less effort, hence less speaker vibration, hence less rattling - not sure how possible that is though. Or perhaps isolate the speakers more.