ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In car lighting

interested at putting some LED's in the footwells in the front of my clio, anyone know how i would go about wiring them in though? i preferably dont want to just plug them into the cigarette lighter directly

Titanium 182
Because they look s**t and go dim, also when you're driving at night you have a dodgy glow shining up onto you illuminating you to everyone else on the road.

1.6 Ford Focus
Unless you just want them to turn on when you open the doors I agree with above.

Im not sure how its done but it is possible, your best bet is to buy a haynes manual and look at the wiring diagrams. Then wire up the LEDs to the interior light so that they turn on when you open the doors and off when you shut the door.

Lot's of people are going to disagree with me on this but I think they look good depending on colour. Foot well lights come as standard on the Ford C-Max and they look really good.

Black Gold Trophy
Just use an empty slot in from the fuse box and run a live from there, I've thought about doing it before, handy to be able to see if you drop something etc

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
You get kits off ebay, wee bendy strips of LED's. These are simply wired up, they provide all instructions etc as well. I hand them in a wee Renault 5 i had for the fields when i was younger and they worked really well.

Although i do agree they look a bit naf, unless they come on with the interior light.