ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In car thermostat

Monaco 172
Wel ive been away for a week and before i left my car it was fine, ive come back and my in car thermo is reading 47c :s any ideas what this could be?

ST TDCI
Probably the little 'nipple' on the passengers side wing mirror has bust - get a new mirror or new sensor and it should be ok.

I had exactly this over xmas - in all that snow it was 45deg C! second hand sensor off someone of here - 10 mins to fit job done!

I think there are some posts on here on how to fit/ dismantle mirror etc.

Monaco 172
Omg i cannot beleive this! I didnt even no this nipple existed let alone what it does i read your post found the nipple gave it a little tickle and problem solved :eek: i cannot beleive this cheer mate!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's not a thermostat. Pretty sure there is a guide on here somewhere to change the nipple.

Monaco 172
Playing with nipples any time of day is good with me :) im still looking for the guide tho but cant seem to find it lol