ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**IN CAR TV & PS2, HELP NEEDED!!**

Golf GTi Mk1

Hi there,
I have recently purchased a Alpine TV screen(not pop out, just the screen) and Alpine TV Tuner, i already have a PS2 and want to connect it up as well, just want to know if anyone has done this and where have you located your screen?
I want mine in the passenger sun visor so i can fold it up when not in use, is this possible?
There seems to be LOADS of wires and i just wondered if they can be hidden away under the platic pillars that surround the window or the door sill? is this hard to do?
Any other help, suggestions or ideas will be greatfully appriciated!!
It should look the nuts when i finally get it all in!!
Cheers
Ben

Yes it is possable to get the srcreen into the sun visor, on mine i had to take the caseing of the screen. first things first is to check that the visor is solid, if its not then you enter into the relms of fabricating something solid so the screen doesnt wobble / fall out. the wires should all run down the a piller but it is best to put connectors in so you can run all the wireing seperatly then put the tvs in at the end. the ps2 isnt too much hassel if you buy a proper 240v converter. its all fun and looks really good once done.

Luke

Golf GTi Mk1

Luke,
That sounds good i think i am going to set it into the visor and re-inforce the visor with MDF? i have been told this is a good way!!
I also have brought the gnuine Alpine headrest kit so im gona use that to set the monitor into to stop it moving about.
like i said i was worried about all the wires but i think they should be able to be hidden away in the pillars around the door.
Do you have any pictures of your install?
If so could you e-mail me thm i wouls be very greatful!!
bjfosteruk@hotmail.com
Cheers again Luke
Ben