ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In the garage again

A few months ago my Clio went to a dealer to have the gasket changed and non-starting fixed, occasionly the car would turn over and not fire.

Since then its been starting first time every time until today, the starter will turn over and over but the engine shows no signs of firing. All dash warning lights extinguish before I try to start the car, if the start fails the Oil Warning light comes on, any subsiquent attempts at starting the car result in the Oil Warning light staying on when all others extinguish. Last time the garage changed the wire that goes to the solonoid on the starter moter as this was correded, but Ive since found out if you take that wire off the car just clicks, the motor doesnt even turn.

I dont hold much faith in the garage (Benfield) fixing my car very quickly as last time they had it for a whole month, if anyone has experienced the above it would be good to hear from you and what you did to remedy it, I love my car, but if it has to keep going back to Benfield, its going to have to go :(

Ok so they cant look at the car until Thursday so I have the car back till then, today I took it out to try and replicate the non-starting fault and another fault has emerged.

It was running lumpy as hell, revving it from tickover made it sound like a tractor, also I could hear a hiss as I stood on the accelerator, got it home, and its running smooth again, but the hiss is still there, what on earth is going on with my car?

VW ....

Its a Reno m8 :p

Joking aside ... if a garage had my car for a whole month id be having serious words with them .

Hope u get it fixed swiftly .

Thought some people might like to know, the ECU logged a fault with the camshaft sensor which can cause non-starting so thats been replaced and Im confident its fixed.