ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inbox by gmail

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah. This is s**t.

Like, really s**t.

Is the whole point of it just to mess with your emails and make it impossible to keep track of and review a conversation?

That is exactly what I want from emails: to send one, then have no way of coherently seeing it again.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You've not set it up correctly then. I started with a nice fresh inbox and it groups everything perfectly and anything I don't want in a group I take out and it doesn't group them.

I've been using this for ~6 months now.

There's still one thing that annoys me, there's no 'mark as unread' on the app. A simple thing, but annoying.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The conversation element is annoying and forwarding emails is fiddly.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Thread bump, but today is the last day of Inbox.

I've been using it since the beta and I've got to say I'm pretty f**king gutted it's going away. Gmail is absolutely shite in comparison.

inbox.jpeg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yup same feeling from me. They say they will utilize the best bits of Inbox. I really hope they do because going back to Gmail is awful.
Inbox was pretty much perfect.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yup same feeling from me. They say they will utilize the best bits of Inbox. I really hope they do because going back to Gmail is awful.
Inbox was pretty much perfect.

I've found my replacement. iOS has had the app for a while but because of Inbox going today they've released their Android version today to grab as many previous inbox users as possible.

It's called Spark. On the Android store it's called "Spark - Email App by Readdle".

Gmail will never have the same stuff as inbox as that's the reason people didn't all move to inbox because a lot of people hated it. From what I can see so far it's the closest app I've found. I've tried a few over the last month or so and none of them really did what I wanted but this seems good.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Yeah I was using it since beta aswell. Gmail is crap in comparison. But luckily I have another email app aswell.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
New gmail app has everything good about Inbox. I stopped using Inbox last year when they announced this and haven’t noticed much of a difference

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
New gmail app has everything good about Inbox. I stopped using Inbox last year when they announced this and haven’t noticed much of a difference
They don't do the grouping anything like as well as inbox did. I can't get it to work in gmail at all. I loved just quickly going into a category, flicking through to make sure there's nothing I wanted and pinning anything I needed, then swiping a whole category away to be left with what I needed.

Just doesn't work like that in Gmail.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They don't do the grouping anything like as well as inbox did. I can't get it to work in gmail at all. I loved just quickly going into a category, flicking through to make sure there's nothing I wanted and pinning anything I needed, then swiping a whole category away to be left with what I needed.

Just doesn't work like that in Gmail.
I didn’t find the grouping in Inbox all that fun though and gmail is no better or worse so far.