ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Increasing d/l speed

Megane Trophy
We have 20mb broadband and when i download torrents the maximum i get is 30 kb/s.

When downloading a programme or something lik quicktime its done in seconds.

Why do torrents download so bloody slowly.

Clio 172mk2
look at the torrent to see if there are loads of seeds for it , also check firewall settings to see if theres somet there , i know my spi on router was slowing mine down

Because they're traffic shaped probably.

Torrents use massive amounts of bandwidth up, hence ISPs limiting them right down to unusable levels.

Megane Trophy
I dont really want to turn my firewall of as were on wireless and theres heaps of students here that attempt to connect to other peoples.

I use utorrent and yes that has many seeds is that good or bad?

Have you setup port forwarding on your router?

You sound like you are on 20mb Virgin Cable, remember we're traffic shaped in the evening. During non peak times you should see a vast improvement. 250 kb/s at least, more on popular torrents.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Also alot of other people like to upload at a stupidly small rate wheras they put no speed limiter on the downloading.

172 ff silver
Have you setup port forwarding on your router?

You sound like you are on 20mb Virgin Cable, remember we're traffic shaped in the evening. During non peak times you should see a vast improvement. 250 kb/s at least, more on popular torrents.

this man knows what hes on about ;)

you need to port forward vour router and set the port for your d/l client up in your router settings page

can i recommend using bit lord and going on their forum and using the guide to setup port forwarding for bit lord

Fiesta ST
I get the same problem on torrent's. Tried everything including encryption but I still get a max of about 30kb/s if i'm lucky! all my ports are good tried different cap limits on the upload aswell as unlimited which can choke your connection. I'm on upto 8mb ADSL (acutal speed is 7). Even tested it on legit torrents like openoffice which has loads of seeds.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I'm signed up with a 8MB broadband, but it's actually 4MB tops on my area.

I still see 200 - 250kb/s.

Octy VRS
I'm on Virgin and only 2MB but I can get up to about 200kb/s down but only about 30kb/s on upload. I does depend on what you're connected to.
I use a certain music site that archives all dance music radio shows and dj mixes. I normally average between 30-50kb/s but if it is a popular like an Essential Mix it can shoot up to 200kb/s. Also a lot of US/Canadian users have big pipes so when they are connected it noticebly improves, especially at night.

T

thecremeegg

I rarely get torrents above 150kb, with ports forwarded etc, hence why i use newsgroups for demos etc - downloads at 2mb/s :D