ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction heat shield and air feed?

Flamer ph2 172
I'm looking to get a heat shield for my induction kit I've searched the forum but can't find much does anyone know where I can get one seperatly the only ones can seem to find come with the full kits, and also where have you put your cold air feeds I don't really want to lose a fog light I will if I have to though, my standard air feed has a split in it and not sure where to route the new feed pics would be good there doesn't seem to be much space in there and also would I have to take out the Acustic valve?

Any help would be great cheers peeps

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Just route a air feed from above the wheel arch and put it to around the IK that will be fine for normal engine

53 Clio's & counting
with the amount of air flowing through the engine bay at speed, I can't see a pipe pointing at the filter doing anything noticable.

Id be making something tbh if you wish to keep an open filter

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Tbh I have an open filter for the road and have a headlight blank air feed that goes over the cone for on the track, that works well and easy enough to change over :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i had one years ago on my ph1. try regal motorsport i think it's called - stockport.

Flamer ph2 172
Tbh I have an open filter for the road and have a headlight blank air feed that goes over the cone for on the track, that works well and easy enough to change over :)
Don't do tracks don't have the time am Just trying to avoid heat soak if I take out the acustic valve I I can run a feed that way just not sure where to put the trumpet the only place I've seen is fog light coz I don't really want to cut the grills

53 Clio's & counting
Don't do tracks don't have the time  am Just trying to avoid heat soak if I take out the acustic valve I I can run a feed that way just not sure where to put the trumpet the only place I've seen is fog light coz I don't really want to cut the grills

Fitting a cold feed hose will not stop heat soak. It is an open filter in a super hot engine bay, it will get hot and heat up the air entering, a pipe wont change that - remember at speed and the air velocity under the bonnet will mean the slightly cooler air going in the pipe will hardly be sucked in the filter

Flamer ph2 172
Oh ok I was under the impression that a heat shield would stop some of the engine heat and a cold air feed going directly on the filter would force cold air straight into the filter, I'm quite a novice when it comes to engines :eek:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Like this:

http://www.regals-motorsport.co.uk/...el-induction-air-filter-heat-shield-hs-a.html

Sounds gay but it definitely made it a bit better when I had a green cone filter on my ph1 172. Not as good as a standard box but not far off. It was all about the sound back then though when I was 25.
Just make your own KTEC style induction kit for about £50? £10 for a cone, £20 for a 90deg bend, and £X for a second hand hillpower or samco elbow (with breather pipe). Relocate the filter in front of the battery.

Flamer ph2 172
Got a samco hose and cone filter just need a 90 bend tube then il have to have a look a the K tec one cheers just got to sort out the cold air feed now then

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
why go to all this effort when there is nothing wrong with the standard set up?

if i had to go after market i would go with the new k tec induction kit imo

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
90 deg bend (beaded) is what you want, 63mm I think. 'AST silicone hoses' on ebay sell em £20. You don't really need a feed.

Dead easy - as long as you have the correct size battery.

Attachments

• 7358692580_d1d406ed36_z.jpg
    7358692580_d1d406ed36_z.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 143
  Flamer ph2 172
why go to all this effort when there is nothing wrong with the standard set up?

if i had to go after market i would go with the new k tec induction kit imo

Because the car had the air box removed before I got it and was replaced with a rubish cone filter so I got a samco hose and a new ram air cone but I'm just looking to improve the set up that's all

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Oh god now you're asking. I THINK it's 063 you should have. I had an 065 which was a bit too big. Best off doing a search to be sure though.

Pretty sure the KTEC ones use a ramair style foam filter so you're 2/3's of the way there!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
ah ok thats fair enough, personally would go either standard set up or k tec though.

The KTEC style ones are pretty loud and sound good for a bit, but got a bit annoying driving round town looking like a hero. Best setup for me was standard setup with CAF's disconnected. Sounds good but a lot more subtle.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
The KTEC style ones are pretty loud and sound good for a bit, but got a bit annoying driving round town looking like a hero. Best setup for me was standard setup with CAF's disconnected. Sounds good but a lot more subtle.

i agree, hence i have standard set up, just saying if had/wanted to go after market would go ktec personally

don't they only sound 'hero' if your giving it some? and around town why would you do that :p after saying you disconnected the cafs on your standard set up, hence making it louder i assume ;)

Flamer ph2 172
I wouldnt mind the k tec one but can I justify spending £170 on a new kit when I could just get a 90 deg alloy pipe and a new cone for a lot less and have pretty much the same effect

Flamer ph2 172
Oh god now you're asking. I THINK it's 063 you should have. I had an 065 which was a bit too big. Best off doing a search to be sure though.

Pretty sure the KTEC ones use a ramair style foam filter so you're 2/3's of the way there!
Yeah they do use a ram air style just looked will have to check on battery size now though I take it it says the seize on it somewhere