ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction help please!!

can someone plz help...i hav a 1.2 16v clio dynamique 2002, i only want the nice induction roar sound like u see on many youtube videos...
only worry i have is at k&n they said to take off the stock airbox and giv it a few revs and thats what it will sound like????? but it dint mae a single bit of difference????
i really want to purchase a 57i kit...im not fussed for performance and im dying for that bit of a throaty sound...
no 1 seems to post any descent vids or thoughts about what they sound like on a 1.2
i know its only a small engine but, im ony 17 aswell!! im guna get a 182 im savin up lol

can any 1 tell me if i purchase the 57i k&n if it will make a differnce?? like i sed taking the airbox off made none at all so any thoughts would be apreciated...thanx in advance jak
also is ther any other things i can buy or do to create a sportier sound??? thanks agen

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
more of a grunt after 3k revs. makes it sound faster than it is basically.

as for performance - none what so ever. if aanything it will reduce it because of heat soak etc. but then again its a 1.2 so it is never going to be fast dude :)

i have one on mine and couldn't car about performance side of it. just sounds nice

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
How do you fix them on ?

Cos dont the clios have like a funny oval shaped tube, where the old air box connects to it ?

Cheers, Sam!

Evo 6, E92 320d
K and N WILL make it sound deeper, but only when its on full throttle will you notice the difference.

Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
ull need to rev it quite hard to get any noise difference, gentle throttle movements wont make any noise difference as the engine isnt under stress. try taking the filter out of the holder and revving it then. u should get a sorta deep growl and maybe a slight whistling. of u dont get any noise then. try taking it round the block but dont drive trough any dusty places as i wouldnt recommend driving with out the filter in at all but if u really want to find out the what it wil sound like it might be worht a try. hope this helps