ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kit or just filter?

i have just purchased a clio 182 and am unsure on just changing the filter to a k&n filter or putting an induction kit in? any thoughts or ideas will be much appreciated.

Track valver + Ibiza FR
I'd go for the induction kit every time mate. I've got a panel filter on mine at the moment and to be honest it doesn't make that much difference. But mine is only a 1.2 so it might be different on the 182's.

ITB'd 182...
itg panel filter for perfomance. open filter for noise (but you will lose power) or for the best of both worlds and if you are feeling flush then the holy itg maxogen

Renaultsport Clio 182
i asked this question on the RS forum a while back and the majority recommended the ITG Panel filter.

the only thing i cant understand is why make the induction kits if they're going to cause your car to lose power?? who would want that? I notice that some people have cold air feeds fitted to their induction kits - would this improve performance over the ITG Panel filter?

The ITG maxogen is a nice piece of kit but it cost a pretty penny too!!!!

induction kits do make the engine bay a lot nicer to look at though

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have had both fitted to the Trophy, the Induction kit will just lose power all day every day. I have a K&N Panel filter fitted minus the A/Valve and when it was last RR the BHP was up by over 4bhp compared to the IK.

IK are made for the Boy Racers of the world. The only cars that benefit from Open Air Kits are those running turbos, where the engine benefits from the larger volume of air flowing throught the Turbo. As you said they sound good and look good, but if its performance your want stick with what Renault designed, unless you have one of the ST150 Fiesta then chuck the Ford set up and put a IK on.

The Renault air box is actually one of the best less restrictive sytems out there, its quite a direct flow into the throttle Body, as oppsed to the ST150 which has a pipe that runs from the top of the engine down to the TB.

Also look at changing the elbow for a less restrictive Samco or hill power bend, wont make a huge difference but every little helps and looks great under the hood.

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 182
cheers steve - can the samco or Hill power bend be fitted to teh standard renault air box?? i'm going for the ITG Panel Filter (going to order it next month after i'm back from Amsterdam). if an aftermarket bend can be fitted to the standard box then i may just get that as well.

P

Paul Common 666

So a panel filter is better foe performance than a bmc cda or itg maxogen?

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
As above, IK for induction roar sound, panel filters for cost effective performance gain.

Panel filters are cheaper and they will last forever if you keep it clean. No brainer really?