ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit question no.278

clio 172 exclusive n
jeese man the guy that started this thread only asked for a bit of advice next thing you know theres a full blown arguement going on with people having a go at each other thinking they know best etc

is there any need for it??? every1 seems to think they know everything about these cars and evryone else is wrong -- man if freds seen 13hp gains why not just believe him??? why argue the toss with him??? from the posts ive seen from him id say he knew what he was talking about id say he was pretty much a clio expert ( well nearly fred he he) :)

anyways i think peeps should just chill out a bit if you hate induction kits then fair enough but dont hate the next man or brand them a chav for liking/wanting one thats crazy

rant over

have a good weekend every1

:)

who's arguing and having a go at anyone? if by disagreeing with someone is argueing then guilty as charged :rolleyes:

I've had Clio's, modded them, been to countless meets, in countless other cars, both standard and modified and know what these cars are and aren't capable of. I dont dispute the fact he's seen 13bhp on an RR test, I do however dispute that the RR operater knew his arse from his elbow. 13bhp is as likely as my car making 240bhp and 193lbs/ft from cams, Omex and throttle bodies. Now I have a graph to prove this, however the results are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I know this and Fred knows and has commented on it before, so I'm merely surprised at him believing (what to me) a ridiculous increase from the most basic of mods.

There's a possibility that the map on the car was totally unsuitable for some reason (highly unlikely it would be that far out), but anyone expecting 13bhp from those mods will be sorely disappointed. You'll be lucky to see that from an exhaust, filter and remap and would normally need cams in addition.

i just meant in genearal jesus mate :) gotta admit you see alot of it on here , arguing etc i just dont think it helps people when their looking through i know it confuses me a bit lol , i werent digging at you mate who knows perhaps fred was trying to wind peeps up, perhaps it did produce 13hp , perhaps the rolling road was out , :) i personally wouldnt expect it either 13hp gains that is, but i do love the noise they make and i think the clio is fast enough to have a nice growl lol

clio 172 exclusive n
The easiest thing in the world to fit.......1 bolt...which is supplied. Guy on here sells the covers, he might have em on ebay too.

are them other red tubes sparco cooling hoses???

thanks

The hoses are a 1/2 Samco kit from the same guy selling the battery cover, around the £50 mark iirc.

buying one now,battery cover, think i might get the carbon effect one,as they do an oil cap and engine cover as well :) should look cool with the scarab green :) cheers mate

i just meant in genearal jesus mate :) gotta admit you see alot of it on here , arguing etc i just dont think it helps people when their looking through i know it confuses me a bit lol , i werent digging at you mate who knows perhaps fred was trying to wind peeps up, perhaps it did produce 13hp , perhaps the rolling road was out , :) i personally wouldnt expect it either 13hp gains that is, but i do love the noise they make and i think the clio is fast enough to have a nice growl lol

fair do's fella, I'm not trying to start and argument or be a c**t, I'm just informing people that if they go out and spend their cash on an airfilter to not expect much... tbh dont expect anything other than noise and maybe the placebo affect of it feeling faster due to added noise. People looking at this thread for the first time who are less informed will be misled and wowed by power outputs.

best option is to run a panel filter in the stock airbox and make a cold air feed to it. You'll get some noise and maybe a horsey or two from it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for all the advice chaps.

I quite like the look of the hillpower kit and £200 aint that bad.......

I just wanted a bit more noise cos my magnex zorst sounds a little weak but i'll probably just go for a decat 1st - that sounds the cheapest way to get the most gains!

53' 172 Cup
well i thought the only difference between a 172 and 182 is the exhaust manifold (and i would guess a different map)? so thats.....10hp isnt it?

well i thought the only difference between a 172 and 182 is the exhaust manifold (and i would guess a different map)? so thats.....10hp isnt it?

yup, it's a different manifold (totally redesigned), less restrictive cat and map to suit. Followed by hundreds of hours and millions of pounds in development.

M2 Competition

yup, it's a different manifold (totally redesigned), less restrictive cat and map to suit. Followed by hundreds of hours and millions of pounds in development.

Yup, and that 10hp makes absolutely no difference either on road or on track.

Lol at this thread!!!

Just get the induction kit that looks pretty, and makes a pretty noise. Wont make much difference otherwise, and dont expect the car to be any quicker with one on.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Yup, and that 10hp makes absolutely no difference either on road or on track.

Lol at this thread!!!

Just get the induction kit that looks pretty, and makes a pretty noise. Wont make much difference otherwise, and dont expect the car to be any quicker with one on.

Like I said I was not expecting any increase in power - just fancied a bit more noise and for it to look cool.

Didnt expect the fireworks this thread generated (well ok, I did)

PH1 172 Sport
I just got an ITG filter an uprated the air feeds. Ive noticed better throttle response and allot more induction noise. I should imagine any power gains are minimal though.

Lionel Richie
13bhp gain with a remap, 4bhp gain without

lol 13bhp is cams gains.

Vipers are pish the filter is too small. I had one and got rid for a maxogen.

excuse my rant, but everyone's a f**king expert on here, how about jog on!

It cracks me up when people spout big gains for small insignificant mods. At the end of the day even if it made a couple of bhp you wouldnt notice the difference. Get one for the sound but you arent going to get miracles no matter what the manufacturers of these products say.

rant over ;)

the RR operator was the same guy that mapped your car last ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol.

Got to love threads like this. People arguing about the gains that someone actually witnessed...

Even if it wasn't legit, has anyone else done a before and after RR involving a Viper? If not then I just don't see how you can post the amount you do about the operator being drunk etc.

Lionel Richie
i know of 3 other cars, they're all within 2bhp of each other, same mods

vipers are so s**t, the fastest 172 down the 1/4mile has one, any maxogen owners done a 13.9sec run yet?????

just use a pair of your mothers tights on the butterfly ;)

Think we can all agree that the best setup is to relocate the battery to the boot and have a straight pipe with an open filter over by the headlight

Okay I agree rip out the headlight, wuld make driving "interesting" to say the least in the dark ;)

Although would have thought an open filter by the headlight rather than an enclosed one would be better as there will only be cold air plus more surface area on the filter

172 Race Car
same as a v6 espace right? do they have one big inlet? what filter panel/element do u use, some have said its the same as the ph1 172

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
just reading this thread is interesting....yet to get a comparative RR done (as it'll be a different RR for the before and after so i doubt it'll mean anything anyway) but....

Rather than RR BHP figure I go on a repeatable 20-100mph time. As Long as the weight of the car and weather conditions are similar, before and after times should give some insight into what effect a mod has made.

I've has AWT inlet done - 0.3 second gain
Prospeed exhaust - 0.5s gain
Maxogen - nearly 1s gain.

PLease note these are what I would call rough times with my mate sat in the passenger seat saying "go"... reaction time may play a large part.

But if I was being honest I think the 22k miles have made more difference than the above. That's the only thing I didn't factor in when starting out the mod'ing.....

I'm looking forward to getting Paul to have a play at the new site to see how many ponnies he can free, but the feel to the car is completely different, the noise is completely different (don't down play how the noise effects your perception of speed) and the 20-100 time has improved.... That's all the facts I have and need.

Last edited: