ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kit

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Phase 1 airbox- Quiet, best for gains/no loss. £40/50 Second hand.
V6 Airbox- As above, maybe a touch better. £50/60 Second hand, albeit rarer than the Phase 1.
Ktec induction. Noise/maybe a slight increase in performance. £80/£100 second hand.
Fatty style kit. Noise/maybe a slight increase in performance. £40/60 New depending on what filter/silicone bend you go with.

I have the Fatty style with a larger filter which works well and sounds good. I'm about to try a k+n mesh type filter because i mess.

No its coming to a cooler time of year the fatty/ktec will work nicely.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ktec induction kit is fine and gives gains when coupled with other breathing mods, matched inlets for example. The kit people call fatty for some reason is just the pikey version of the ktec kit for a fraction of the cost, fine if all you want is abit of noise though as ultimately both won’t do a lot :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Haha! I’ve had all sorts of kits over the years on various cars mate, including the pikey ktec style job, but have bought 2 or 3 ktec kits new in total I think :) as you know the only reason I like the ktec is due to the single piece of silicon and that it’s reinforced, the filter could be whatever tbh as long it’s fairly large!

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
Sorry to hijack but i didn't think it was worth starting a thread for, does anyone know what size torx bit i need to change a panel filter on a standard air box?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
03380A6B-4C0E-4372-9069-CC49D182A989.png

Which other air filters do people use? I have a Ramair but I’m not impressed at the amount of dirt that gets let through it to the throttle body over 6 months or so.
Is a cotton gauze filter a better idea?

2003 Clio 172
Slightly off topic (although it still involves induction kits). I've got a ktec kit fitted and have a Marc B battery cover to go on. Other than aesthetics, does the cover do much in terms of preventing heat soak and does does it alter the sound of the kit at all?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Size wise how does this compare the Ktec Ramair? Shame K&N didnt make it look like every other K&N filter, looks more like a £10 ebay jobbie :( Tempted to get one though as I had alot of dust come through my Ramair, even though ive properly oiled it now :/

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Ktec induction kit is fine and gives gains when coupled with other breathing mods, matched inlets for example. The kit people call fatty for some reason is just the pikey version of the ktec kit for a fraction of the cost, fine if all you want is abit of noise though as ultimately both won’t do a lot :)

I guess they call it that because I am the one who did the tests regarding air temps (thread on here somewhere), created the solution based on those results and then shred the idea on here ;) they should have called it 'FI' sounds better and shorter to type haha - "you could try the Fi setup..."

IMO my approach with the alloy bend looks loads better than the ktec version, and as you say - at a fraction of the cost. I mean, just look at it in that second pic...

The gains from this sort of setup are more noticeable with a decat installed + remap. Obviously with the car mapped around the OE airbox, it wont make much difference. The cat restricts the airflow so much, so you wont see the benefits of an better flowing air filter on the input until you remove the bottleneck on the output.

I wish I didn't sell her :(