ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kits?????

Renault 1.6 16v ESport
Just wondered what induction kit people would reccommend for my Mk2 Ph2 1.6 16v, looking to spend around £100 and am spoilt for choice.
Thanks
Jackie

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
All an induction kit is going to do is increase noise, fcuk spending 100 notes, get one from Halfords or someware for 20 quid...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
GavFre said:
All an induction kit is going to do is increase noise, fcuk spending 100 notes, get one from Halfords or someware for 20 quid...

not true, as long as you get one thats not going to suffer from heat soak then they do make a difference

Leon Cupra R 225
Powertec springs to mind. Had for 4 months on my 1.2 16V and pisses all over a pipercross cone filter i had before. Worth the £90 i paid

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
On his engine, no i dont think so, i have seen enough rolling roads in my life time to confirm this, on my 172 with a viper kit it increased by 2bhp, but this was more likely to down to the engine have 10000 miles more on it, hence freeing it up a bit..

Induction Kits = Noise, thats it.
Panel filter (ITG etc) in original air box if you want to try and free it up a bit..

Leon Cupra R 225
GavFre said:
On his engine, no i dont think so, i have seen enough rolling roads in my life time to confirm this, on my 172 with a viper kit it increased by 2bhp, but this was more likely to down to the engine have 10000 miles more on it, hence freeing it up a bit..

Induction Kits = Noise, thats it.
Panel filter (ITG etc) in original air box if you want to try and free it up a bit..

wen i was saying it pisses all over the pipercross, i didnt mean full viper, the cone filter infact which is useless.

Build quality is awful. Just like the cold air feed on vipers.

BMC CDA are the way to go son
:rasp:

Shhh
K&N Apollo...again..

£60 from eBay, and sound nice.

Can feel the car pull harder with it fitted. Had graphs about somewhere on the gain on the 182.

Shhh
Need a enclosed airfilter with cold air feed to prevent hot air entering the system from the engine bay.

You can just use the gap between the headlamp and the wing like mine.. :), or you could go the whole hog and run it behind the front grill for full ram air action, or put it into the front wheel bay or something..

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
It really doesnt matter that much, with an extra 10c of hot air going in, might lose 2ponies, just the same if you were driving round spain.

All this talk of filters every day is stupid, someone should do a sticky explaining that they wont give you any power on these types of cars, maximum 4bhp on a 182, THEY ARE JUST FOR NOISE!!!

Vectra :(
AliasOmega said:
behind the front grill for full ram air action

Putting it in the bumper is just for show also, there wont be any extra benifits to be had from doing this. The benifits from a "RAM" effect wont happen till the wrong side of 150mph. Also in some cases, cars with air con especially the space to get it in the bumper is very tight and means the air travels round 2 almost 90 degree bends to get into the bumper. Better off locating it in the wheel arch where there are nice vent like things to direct cool air to the hose.