ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kits

Clio 182 04 reg
Less by far! I have a simotec induction kit and have found it drinks fuel like there is no tomorrow.

Last edited:
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Just increase the noise, fuel consumption and engine wear............apart from that no difference.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Init, me neither, haven't noticed much difference in my MPG, averaging 37mpg before, and around 37mpg still...

Improved acceleration has been noticed, but other than that (of course the noise) not much

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used to average around 28mpg , now i average around 24 -26 mpg with my k+n cone filter .

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
In the heat mine defo drinks more with an induction kit, shame as i like the noise, but not at the expence of 5-10 less miles to a gallon

PH1 Oddy, M140i
It does less to the gallon as you enjoy the note from the IK at high revs...high revs= more fuel!! Simple as that.

IK alone does NOTHING to fuel consumption.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
It does less to the gallon as you enjoy the note from the IK at high revs...high revs= more fuel!! Simple as that.

Precisely, the main thing that the IK does is make the engine sound louder when u rev harder.... so if u wanna hear a louder engine, u rev more, the more revs u do the more fuel consumption. precisely.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Precisely, the main thing that the IK does is make the engine sound louder when u rev harder.... so if u wanna hear a louder engine, u rev more, the more revs u do the more fuel consumption. precisely.

Yeah . I frequently sit there at rev the ass off my car , just to hear the IK noise ;) . Or maybe i acutally drive the car exactly the same as i did when i had the standard airbox and my fuel consumption has gone up due to more air being allowed into the engine and the ecu adjusting the fuel accordingly :quiet:

Audi TT 225
I used to average around 28mpg , now i average around 24 -26 mpg with my k+n cone filter .

OMG thats nuts!!! When I picked my car up last I was getting just over 40mpg, before that about 36mph!
Thats with ph1 airbox and ITG filter :S

Shed.
depends how you drive i guess.

Allthough ive only got a 1.2, i find the induction kit i have gets me more miles to the tank when driven sensibly , but if i floor it it drinks far far more than it did, so to speak.