ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kits

Seat Leon Cupra 290
lot of them are for sale recently, was thinking of getting one, but,

is there a reason why all of you are selling as you dont like them? if so why?

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Indeed i think people get a panel filter and better caf ,waste of money buying an induction kit unless its enclosed which costs alot.

save start a new thread and sorry for jacking but when you take off the connection pipe for the filter to the engine there is a small pipe comes off it with small ammounts of oil in it.

if i but and put on a k&n induction kit what happens to this pipe what do i cover it with or do i buy a small filter for it?

my engine's a 1.2 8v

thanks

jonny

think i can see a filter on this 1.2 8v engine

Shot at 2007-07-01

pic from ebay, going to buy it from the seller just so he knows i'm not stealing his pics cause i'm going to buy it..

can i just buy that blue stuff on it's own?

I have a pipercross panel filter in the standard airbox and have recently changed it for there induction kit on a Samco elbow.

I'm dynoing the car again hopefully this weekend so will be able to show before and after printouts if anyone's interested?

:)

I have a pipercross panel filter in the standard airbox and have recently changed it for there induction kit on a Samco elbow.

I'm dynoing the car again hopefully this weekend so will be able to show before and after printouts if anyone's interested?

yes defo worth finding out the gains , however small they maybe :approve:

Clio 172 mk2

Definately interesting to see those results...need to put the IK/panel debate to bed lol

clio dynamique
do panel filters add any noise at all? or is it pretty pointless for a 1.2 16v, as i would like some noise when accelerating, but not sure on a induction kit due to heat soak in summer.

thanks and sorry for hi-jack

mark

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Not really ,i think you can get shields for an open induction kit to reduce the heat being sucked in abit.

Leon Cupra R 225

Definately interesting to see those results...need to put the IK/panel debate to bed lol

there is no debate! lol can't believe this is still going on it should be a stick "PANEL FILTERS OWN IK'S - THE END"

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Induction kits are for gayers lol.

Induction kits would be better f you drove without a bonnet and lived in iceland.

ok so away from the debate and back to what i was saying while ago haha
so went to halfrauds and picked up a vent filter and some hoseing 55mm silver stuff
my filter new in box

the filter fitted to the pipe

the finished result:

Shot at 2007-07-02

and my problem is that where the join is wi the silver hose it keeps eating and ripping away at the hose pipe, it's the engine's circular pipe going into it keeps destroying my silver pipe

what can i do? (no silly answers please)

Clio 172 mk2
ok so away from the debate and back to what i was saying while ago haha
so went to halfrauds and picked up a vent filter and some hoseing 55mm silver stuff
my filter new in box

the filter fitted to the pipe

the finished result:

Shot at 2007-07-02

and my problem is that where the join is wi the silver hose it keeps eating and ripping away at the hose pipe, it's the engine's circular pipe going into it keeps destroying my silver pipe

what can i do? (no silly answers please)

Blimey that's village lol

ok spoke to the guy in the tuning shop today, he says it's cause of the vibration it's splitting. so i got some heat resistant tape and put that round the whole pipe and problem solved. now i can hear the noise of it at 4000rpm :D

problem solved