ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kits

Clio Sport 2.0 16V
Hi guys!

Can anybody tells my what induction kit makes the most noice ? :)

(172 mk1 from year 2000.)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
an open filter will make a noise mate, heard its bad for heat soak tho, but i still run one:) air box is going back on soon tho

PH1 172 Sport
I have an ITG filter in the standard airbox with uprated intake hoses it makes more than enough noise for me!!!

Megane 2 GT 165
Just pull off the cold air feeds (both the air feeds) from the airbox and have a small drive around town.

Let me know what you think ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have an ITG filter in the standard airbox with uprated intake hoses it makes more than enough noise for me!!!

Same here, ive taken my valve off and going to replace with a 70mm CAF to somewhere!

Clio 182
Hmm, on the opposite end of the spectrum, which intake kits offer great power but not much noise?

Clio 182
I have searched, and know fully how to use it thanks. It didn't help me find the answer of which was quiet with good performance.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Panel filter.

There are literally hundreds of threads about induction - I know cos I started a lot of them!

Clio 182
I know there's a lot of threads ffs, I just couldn't find a specific answer to the quesiton of which specific filter model was quiet and powerful!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
From what I have seen on other threads it's not really going to make any more power whatever induction kit you put on if the rest of the engine etc is standard.

I have a Viper kit on mine (got it for 51 quid off ebay, would never pay 100's of pounds for an induction kit) and had a bit of a race with another 182 yesterday which had a panel filter and some matched manifold thing and there was barely any difference - maybe he had a tiny tiny advantage.

Viper makes a nice noise on mine without being too loud like a open filter might.