ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kits

the shiny metal bit has fallen of the end of my piper X induction kit so im lookinng for a different make

i really want an induction kit with a heat shield what does any one recomend

induction kits are poopy....but you can still do better than the OE airbox. LIke the green twister kit which also creates a sealed airbox, with ducting to the front. Viper etc....but thatsexpensive. make your own itg carbon cold air induction kit. just depnds how willing you are to do the work.

I put on my piper induction kit last saturday and i have noticed the difference in performance (for the worst) it seems to be worse when it comes to throttle response. Sounds the absolute tits though.

Kev

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Hillpower induction kit is the way to go with the fog light removed for cold air feed.

Would agree, used to have a piperx induction kit and on a cold winter day, the car sounded and felt awesome with a definite improvement, but if you got stuck in traffic on a warm day the performance of the car plumeted...felt sluggish and hesistant.

Got myself a carbon fibre induction cooler (saxo) and it made HUGE difference....either standard airboxes or full carbon fibre kits are the way forware...anything else is just waste of cash IMO.

Just wish there was more space in the engine bay to get procomp to produce one for the 172 but there is no chance...shame!

Ta
J

Is there much point fitting an induction kit to my 1.2? My mate has a 106 quiksilver and swears by it, but i dont know. Its got more room than the 172s in the engine bay so the head problem shouldnt be as bad should it?
Probably just going to go with a new filter for the airbox.

With a 1.2, you aint gonna get massive performance boosts but if you want a nicer sound then thats the only thing a induction kit can truly guarantee

Ta
J

Lionel Richie

Ive got a piperX on my 1.2, and to be honest its disapointing. Theres a tiny bit more pull from the engine, but it aint going to set the tarmac on fire!!!! The noise is better than std, but not by much. Although now ive got the exhaust on, the whole lot seems to be working very well (deep rumbly exhaust note, sounds mint)

BMW 320d Sport

Id say the tighter the engine bay, the less you want an induction kit. You might actually see some real, if small, gains on a 1.2 with an induction kit.