ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kits

is fitting an induction kit to the mk1 clio as easy as it sounds? Also, which brands (ie. K&n or pipercross) would anybody recommend, and is there really a big improvement from, say, fitting a standard K&N replacement air filter?Thanks, Steve

Steve

I cant say for sure on the 1.2 but fitting is normally easy unbolt the old filter and box and replace with kit. secure with clips suppled. did mine in my 172 in 15 mins.

As for gains - sounds great - get that roar sound. power couple of bhp but not much. The car should pick up a little better and not struggle at high revs as the engine can breath better

Brands - K&N, ITG, GREEN, PIPERX all about the same. Best would be the PX Viper but this is 3x the cost of standard kits.

Paul

just had the viper fitted on my 172 from k-tec i am well pleased with it especially when you put your foot down go for a viper if you can afford it, i also had a k&n on my megane coupe that sounded loud.

the mk1 clio is the only car i have had that came with it so i didnt get chance to fit it but it is usally a 10-15 min job. i got a k+n its great for sound. but if you want performance i think there is betta companies.