ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Set up..

Fiesta ST-3
This Christmas want's to buy me some thing for the car and I need an induction kit... I want it to be/do the following:

Sound meaty and grunty
Not hinder my performance (not bothered on gains just so long as I don't loose anything)
Can't be over £300
Can't be a pikey K & N cone!

Suggestions? What's the JMS induction kit like?

Scott

Fiesta ST-3
Not sure what you're expecting, dont go wasting your money.

Simota = sucking air from radiator.

PH1 airbox was the best airbox i had bar none! (Apart from ITB's)

I just want the car to sounds slightly more beef. I sick of exhaust tone all the time tbh. But like said don't want to loose power just for the cause.

If you want noise, you need open fiter, like K&N etc.

The "best" power is with the standard air box, or the PH1 imo

I even had a viper fitted, hated that, and the maxogen i had was no better than the £40 PH1 box i bought

Megane 225 F1
I think I was talking to you about the JMS at the Black Mountains meet.

It defiantly felt freer in the revs and sounded ace with the standard exhaust, but as soon as I put an aftermarket exhaust on, I couldn't hear it and I now have a panel filter in original box with no CAF or acoustic valve.

Fiesta ST-3
I think I was talking to you about the JMS at the Black Mountains meet.

It defiantly felt freer in the revs and sounded ace with the standard exhaust, but as soon as I put an aftermarket exhaust on, I couldn't hear it and I now have a panel filter in original box with no CAF or acoustic valve.

How do you find that mate? Anygood?

Megane 225 F1
I was going to do a full write up on this but never got around to it.

So I had the JMS on and I went for a quick spin up and down the road.

I then put the original airbox back on with standard filter and it felt really restrictive.

I then put the pipercross panel filter in and it felt more free'd up, like the JMS but not AS free. But I couldn't justify having the £130 worth of airbox in my engine bay, when I could spend that on other things (especially when I couldn't hear the awesome sound any more)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've never had the standard ph1 setup, but I went from the BMC CDA to the JMS kit, the car felt a million times better, but TBH, I don't know if the BMC was any good? lol!

It certainly sounds nice too.

Since changing to a quiet exhaust, you can really hear the induction noise.