ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno 182 Cup shed restoration

Click 182 Cup
Hi all,

Thought I would write up a log of my 182 Cup shed mobile as it is in desperate need of attention and obviously I want to get back to as good a condition as possible with a few changes.

So purchased this Inferno Orange 182 Cup with 91k on the clocks and only 2 owners from new. It is completely stock with the exception of some not so attractive mud flaps which will be coming off soon. When I got the car home it was clear this thing was needing some tlc!
Anyways here she is!
DSC_0038.JPG

So she scrubs up okay but I will be at some point sending it to the body shop for a complete overhaul on the paint work.

After driving the car for around 1000 miles since purchase the car was throwing up loads of lights on the dash with both stop and service lights on, airbag light, engine management light, abs light and traction control lights. Got home then left it for the night as it was 2am by this point the a day i couldn't be bothered trying to find the fault at that time.

Following morning, car wouldn't start at all. Checked the engine bay to find thenclosed 'excitement wire' if that's the correct term was disconnect from the alternator so plugged this back in. Boosted the battery and things were fine again.....until this time the car just cut out mid way through driving so I was pretty annoyed at this point. Got a tow home with the AA and the guy was pretty helpful. Did a wiring and lines test on the battery and the alternator. Turns out the alternator was goosed!
So this happened....
DSC_0042.JPG

So new alternator and auxiliary belt later the car was running fine with the exception of many knocks and bumps heard through the suspension so this needs work I reckon!
Fixed the ecu mount with a ghetto fix till I can source a new bracket (someone able to help here it would be most appreciated ☺)
DSC_0044.JPG

Next on the list was to sort my rear numberplate light unit as it was not working. After doing some research on here I found that it was best to replace the unit as a whole so
DSC_0039.JPG

Very much needed to be done until I found this
DSC_0041.JPG

One of the pins has actually broken off due to rust and weathering so I need to find a way to sort this

Moving on! New mats but basic 182 ones
DSC_0037.JPG

Picture of the engine bay followed by a work in progress for 'The Fatty induction kit' so the standard airbox system will be up for grabs for anyone.
DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

Comments all welcome and please suggestions as well!

To do list is as follows:

PH1 OZ F1 wheels with R888s
New cup shocks all round with standard top mounts
Cook sport springs although still undecided as to which springs to go for (these are cheapest)
New wishbones
New drives shafts
Gearbox refurbished
Janspeed cat back with KTR sports cat
New exhaust mounts
New engine mounts with Powerflex yellow upper engine mount bush
KTR race dog bone mount
Catcams at some point with a suitable map.
New clutch with clutch cable
Finally.....send the car to the body shop for an overhaul ando underseal

Thanks all