ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

info please

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I use Dodo Juice Light Fantastic on my LY - because it's the pot I already had heh, and the Dodo website says really it can be used on anything - I've used it on black cars with great results. The Dodo seems to give an amazingly 'bright' shine and beads the water off really well. Personally I'm a huge fan :)

Ideally you want Banana Armour or Orange Crush for a warm colour like LY - these are the different dodos and their ideal type of colour applications -
  • Rainforest Rub - Generic Soft Wax
  • Hard Candy - Generic Hard Wax
  • Light Fantastic - Light Soft Wax
  • Diamond White - Light Hard Wax
  • Purple Haze - Dark Soft Wax
  • Blue Velvet - Dark Hard Wax
  • Orange Crush - Warm Soft Wax
  • Banana Armour - Warm Hard Wax
Light is for whites/silvers etc, dark is for like black/dark blue etc, warm is for light reds, oranges, yellows :) If I didn't have the Light Fantastic already from owning a silver car, I'd be buying some Orange Crush for my LY - I prefer soft waxes as they're a bit easier on the arm :) Or maybe I should just try some Banana Armour...

Dan

106 GTi
It's all marketing b****cks to make people buy multiple pots to suit different colours ! ^

Purple Haze is just like using colour magic !

Porsche Boxster987S
I use Dodo Juice Light Fantastic on my LY - because it's the pot I already had heh, and the Dodo website says really it can be used on anything - I've used it on black cars with great results. The Dodo seems to give an amazingly 'bright' shine and beads the water off really well. Personally I'm a huge fan :)

Ideally you want Banana Armour or Orange Crush for a warm colour like LY - these are the different dodos and their ideal type of colour applications -
  • Rainforest Rub - Generic Soft Wax
  • Hard Candy - Generic Hard Wax
  • Light Fantastic - Light Soft Wax
  • Diamond White - Light Hard Wax
  • Purple Haze - Dark Soft Wax
  • Blue Velvet - Dark Hard Wax
  • Orange Crush - Warm Soft Wax
  • Banana Armour - Warm Hard Wax
Light is for whites/silvers etc, dark is for like black/dark blue etc, warm is for light reds, oranges, yellows :) If I didn't have the Light Fantastic already from owning a silver car, I'd be buying some Orange Crush for my LY - I prefer soft waxes as they're a bit easier on the arm :) Or maybe I should just try some Banana Armour...

Dan
thanks for the info mate

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Heh, I did wonder what difference it actually made TBH :) The hard ones do allegedly last longer mind you - from what I've read on DW. They can't be more irritating to apply than Collonite to be fair hehe!

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe not the best time to admit I have some Banana Armour here as well not because I'm a marketers dream then...?

106 GTi
I ended up getting the DW Dodo Double Wax, as I could not resist but the hard wax annoys the hell out of me.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
So it's really warm hands an try applying by hand for the first time ever I think then hehe!

Mito Sportiva 135
Only hard wax I have is Collinites 476s and very happy with that although current pot is nearly gone so might try one of the Dodo Waxes although put off the colourings in them like others are - why, just why?!?!

Rich, why do you have a cup next to your name now?! I would settle for a star, possibly a little love heart...;)

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Rich, i bow to your Tetris greatness, that score is unbeatable
1.gif

106 GTi
Is well behind my best on another forum for it which is 197298 !

Though one guy on it has 1070280 he must have cheated.

Mito Sportiva 135
Arcade my love, I would give you a heart though Thomas ...

Arcade, whats this, something else for me to squander precious time on?!? If so...where do I begin?!

My heart is already yours Richard, although my soul belongs to Satan and think someone in Weston-Super-Mare has pre-reserved my kidneys...

Mito Sportiva 135
You do realise I have virtually nothing to do for 3 months, potentially I could make my new job as playing arcade games and take your cup, would that make you cry Treen?!?

106 GTi
Not at all young Thomas, I almost decided not to play, I have only played it about 5 times in total.

Mito Sportiva 135
Maybe on this version, but I can guarantee you had a Gameboy and a lost childhood spent squinting at the prehistoric LCD screen with a strong desire to go to Russia...